Talk

Advanced search

Fellow Marchlands Fans - new drama

(14 Posts)
QuangleWangleQuee Mon 24-Sep-12 10:16:09

Just saw in the Metro that there is going to be a new TV drama called Lightfields, which follows the same sort of format as Marchlands. (Which I thought was the best thing on TV last year!) Can't wait! Here

mynameis Mon 24-Sep-12 10:20:13

Actually sounds better than Marchlands. Wonder when it will be on

QuangleWangleQuee Mon 24-Sep-12 10:23:46

I wondered that. I get the Radio Times and they covered Marchlands hugely last year, so I'm sure they will do the same with Lightfields. I'll update this post when I find out when it is on. I absolutely loved Marchlands, although I had to look away when I knew we were about to see scary drowned girl. Too frightening! Brill storyline though.

butisthismyname Mon 24-Sep-12 10:47:49

Oh brilliant! I belonged to the 'marchlands' crew on here last year grin

QuangleWangleQuee Mon 24-Sep-12 11:40:52

I couldn't find a picture of Lightfields on Google Images, but found this one of Marchlands that was in the Radio Times. (Can you spot the ghostly girl?) I've forgotten now who the older lady/nanny they hired in the modern day bit actually was in the 60s and 80s bits. Who can remember? I've forgotten what happened that led to the drowning now as it was a while ago. Didn't the little girl disturb adults who were sleeping together and go running off? Something to do with the deaf girl Olive Runcie, her playmate?

QuangleWangleQuee Mon 24-Sep-12 11:50:15

Oh the nanny they hired was the little girl's mum in the 60s wasn't she!

butisthismyname Mon 24-Sep-12 11:56:33

It was anne thingy - she was in dinnerladies too I think?

butisthismyname Mon 24-Sep-12 11:57:07

woo, never seen the little girl in the mirror before!! creeeeepy..

diddl Mon 24-Sep-12 12:06:25

I never saw Marchlands.

Worth watching?

StellaAndFries Mon 24-Sep-12 12:09:47

Marchands was brilliant, I missed it first time round so caught it on netflix and watched it all in a couple of days.

diddl Mon 24-Sep-12 12:14:08

Do you have to pay for Netflix?

QuangleWangleQuee Mon 24-Sep-12 12:15:03

Definitely worth watching. It was brill. For me it stood out as the best thing on TV last year.

QuangleWangleQuee Mon 24-Sep-12 12:16:19

Do you get Lovefim DVD rental delivery as it is on there.

StellaAndFries Mon 24-Sep-12 12:40:50

Yes I think we pay £5.99 or so a month for Netflix.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now