Talk

Advanced search

DOCTOR WHO SERIES 7! 1st September...

(1000 Posts)
snapespeare Wed 22-Aug-12 15:57:31

I have been waiting for this for a very long time! :-)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 22-Aug-12 16:53:23

DS and DH love Dr Who and Merlin.

The last few years , the start of these have symbolised the start of autumn (my favourite season) and the run up to Christmas.

And time for DH and I to have our annual "Who's the better Dr Who?"

My vote :Matt Smith
DH votes David Tennant.

But of course Tom Baker is Dr Who. grin

(Did you see the previews to the Christmas Episode? Matt Smith in a Victorian England time/place)

TheDoctrineOfEnnis Wed 22-Aug-12 16:55:22

Woot!

And David Tennant, of course!

snapespeare Wed 22-Aug-12 18:12:50

oh I love Tom, but think Matt Smith is very special. smile theres so much going on behind his eyes.

can't wait for christmas episode. Richard E Grant! happy!

HaitchJay Wed 22-Aug-12 19:35:15

Ooh ooh ooh I'm in!

Need to go and get my Dr who name on though!

HarrietJonesPrimeMinister Wed 22-Aug-12 19:38:18

I'm back!

exterminateexterminate Thu 23-Aug-12 13:54:59

I can't wait. David Tennant and Tom Baker for me. I hope the plots are easier to understand this time round. Couldn't be doing with all that River being her own mother/daughter/father/cat etc/

HarrietJonesPrimeMinister Thu 23-Aug-12 14:13:09

Yay I thought I'd killed it!

MigratingCoconuts Thu 23-Aug-12 16:33:42

I'm in!

Loved David but I have to say that Matt makes a lovely change...

Idontknowhowtohelpher Thu 23-Aug-12 17:48:16

Have you heard about Pond Life? A mini adventure with Rory and Amy on the Doctor Who website www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Asylum-of-the-Daleks-Premieres-1st-September-But-Theyre-Back-on-Monday - sounds good!

MurielTheActor Thu 23-Aug-12 18:00:41

Aaargh! went through this last year. DP was away for first episode and I promised to wait to watch it but of course couldn't so had to watch it for second time pretending I hadn't seen it before. (Not that hard actually).
This year same thing hmm but have told him that I can't wait and will be watching it so there.
I agree 70 It IS the marker for the start of autumn.

snapespeare Thu 23-Aug-12 21:19:51

I don't think I could ever love anyone that much that I would not watch the series premiere of DW until they could get there. (aah, I shall add that to my very long list of reasons why I am single...)

What do we all do for the series opener? We traditionally get dominoes (rare treat!) and winewine wine and NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SPEAK! Then we used to watch confidential (...) then on Sunday morning I'd get up before everyone else and watch it again! :-)

NicholasTeakozy Thu 23-Aug-12 21:37:49

Hurrah! I've been waiting for this for ages. Roll on next Satdee.

LetUsPrey Thu 23-Aug-12 22:09:56

Quite excited about this! Actually, very excited! We'll be at a friend's house for a party so will have to record and watch on the Sunday when I'm sober.

Tom Baker was my Doctor when I was younger but of the recent ones I like Matt Smith a lot.

Doctor Who, Merlin, Strictly - I love you BBC grin

HarrietJonesPrimeMinister Thu 23-Aug-12 22:11:15

No speaking here either. Dh got a shock on his first Dr with us!

MattSmithIsMine Thu 23-Aug-12 22:11:40

My nickname says it all really, can't wait!

snapespeare Thu 23-Aug-12 23:19:08

mattsmithismine. Arm wrestle? Timeshare? Could I have him for a couple of hours a week? I promise I won't break him much blush

snapespeare Thu 23-Aug-12 23:23:00

This might sound a bit odd. I am prepared for general horror, it's fine.

I have a lot of tattoos, they chart everyone and everything I've loved in a symbolic kind of way, no names, but things like a pocket watch with the hands set to the numerical equivalent of someone initials.

I recently got an offer to go to Cardiff for a day trip (the day before series 7 starts...) and get a tattoo from an amazing tattooist who is incredible at portraits. Extremely good price, on the basis I allow the tattoo process to be filmed.

Can you possibly guess who I am getting tattooed on my leg? blush

WinstonWolf Thu 23-Aug-12 23:29:16

Is it Matt Smith as the Dr?

You must post photos once it's done and calmed down a little!!

Very much looking forward to s7

spiderlight Thu 23-Aug-12 23:48:35

Woohoo! Excited now! grin

snapespeare Thu 23-Aug-12 23:53:19

It is Matt smith as the doctor! this image by this artist.

Very excited! Clearly can never now meet Matt Smith, as he'll back away from me slowly unless I blindfold him

Mrsjay Fri 24-Aug-12 09:16:08

eeeekkkk excited lots grin

recent doctor it has to be david tennant I do like matt smith but my heart belongs to David, but eekkkk not long now

MigratingCoconuts Fri 24-Aug-12 09:38:46

We need to see pictures of the tattoo when it's finished...!

snapespeare Fri 24-Aug-12 11:09:57

I will happily oblige. smile

marge2 Fri 24-Aug-12 11:17:25

Yes Harriet - we know who you are!!!

Bloody Hell, they didn't give us much notice did they? I saw the ..coming soon.. trailers. No dates on them. Thank God we're not away then.

DSs will be very excited.. as am I.

Re speaking - YOU HAVE to be quiet or you won't follow it and then the DSs will be asking what is going on all the time, which means you miss more.

Vote for David. Love Matt too though.

This thread is not accepting new messages.