Talk

Advanced search

Silk: what happened to Martha's pregnancy?

(15 Posts)
scampadoodle Wed 23-May-12 09:16:48

I'm sure she was pg in the last series but can't for the life of me remember what happened. Did she miscarry/have a termination?

Longdistance Wed 23-May-12 09:19:09

What I remember, is she mc. As she was working too much, from what I could gather.

snappysnappy Wed 23-May-12 09:19:16

Did she fall down the stairs - I could be thinking of another show though

HippoPottyMouth Wed 23-May-12 09:20:36

yes she had a miscarriage, no falling down the stairs or anything I don't think, just happened.
I'm not sure working too much causes miscarriages.

GobblersKnob Wed 23-May-12 09:21:40

She had a mc at the end of the last series, it was the only bit of the whole series that I thought they did really badly tbh. Even dp did this face -->hmm

anonacfr Wed 23-May-12 09:55:23

Yes, she seemed to recover from it rather fast...
Interesting that she's a lot softer now that she's achieved professional success. She's a great character.

I haven't seen last night's episode yet though!

SugarBatty Wed 23-May-12 09:57:38

Was she going for a termination but then miscarried?

AND is the head clerk dodgy or not?!

anonacfr Wed 23-May-12 10:12:24

No she had decided to keep the baby. She'd told Clive that she wasn't expecting anything from him but he'd said he wanted to be involved.

The head clerk is dodgy but in the 'interest of chambers' so it's all right. hmm

He genuinely cares for and admires Martha but is quite happy to lie to her and conceal things from her if he thinks her integrity might be a problem.

SugarBatty Wed 23-May-12 10:14:52

Ahhh I see! Thanks, I watched last series but could not remember if he was a baddie.

HuggyPomBear Wed 23-May-12 20:12:45

She decided to keep the baby then got punched in the stomach by a revengeful client who was a nutcase and miscarried that day.

gettingalifenow Thu 24-May-12 08:06:12

And then went back into court the next day.......

KurriKurri Thu 24-May-12 10:44:49

Was Billy as annoying last series? - his voice seems to have become even more irritating, not to mention his extreme facial expressions. Maybe eh always was but I've blotted it out of my mind.

Also on a compete side issue, - the guy who plays Clive (Rupert thingy?) was in that other policy thing on ITV a while ago -( with old cases being used to solve new ones) anyhoo - is the guy who plays the unpleasant solicitor at odds with Martha in Silk, the same guy that played his sergeant in the other programme? <or am I going mad?>

anonacfr Thu 24-May-12 11:11:33

Ooh you're right! Well spotted. And they have his detective playing the corrupt solicitor as well- it's like a Whitechapel reunion.

And yes Billy was always a little shit. I never got why Martha was so loyal to him- I guess they both relate to being the odd one out- as in not posh?

xTonixxx Tue 29-May-12 22:10:09

I just googled this and found the thread, was wondering what happened to Martha's baby... totally don't remember the end of last series!

silkfan Mon 17-Apr-17 22:43:11

Martha miscarried after being hit in the stomach by the lustful client turned stalker Gary Rush.

She considered termination but then decided against it.

Very sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now