Talk

Advanced search

Strike Back; Project Dawn

(19 Posts)
GreenMonkies Sun 16-Oct-11 22:31:22

On Sky One. Am I really the only one who's glued to it??

Seriously?

frostyfingers Mon 17-Oct-11 08:19:15

My dc's loved it first time around, but the second series was way too smutty and graphic so it's banned for the time being.

GreenMonkies Mon 17-Oct-11 09:16:18

There is some pretty graphic sex and (female) nudity isn't there? A friend and I commented on this, we reckon it's because it's target audience is blokes.

Because obviously us girls aren't interested in gritty action drama and get confused by political plots... hmm

Clearly I'm not a real girl, because I love it.

ScreamingHeebieCJs Tue 18-Oct-11 09:49:39

I love it too grin

Took me a while to get into it - for the first few episodes I was MNing with half an eye on the telly - but I'm hooked now.

Agree it's very much targeted at men. So there's plenty of hot totty in every ep, and some roisterous shagging. And a HUGE body count.

I am obviously a man hmm

It feels a bit like Spooks used to. Anything goes, anyone - apart from the two male leads - can be killed. I was truly shock when they blew up that blonde one ... Loads of action, no messing about. They're a bit lazy on the character arcs (oh, my wife is pregnant, should I stay or should I go?) but I guess that's what their brief was - action, tits, shooting, shagging.

GreenMonkies Tue 18-Oct-11 12:59:36

Yes, I was a bit stunned that the blond got blown up, and the wife is a silly bint, I can't believe she'd even say "it's work or us". hmm

Pixel Tue 18-Oct-11 16:02:10

I came across an episode of this whilst channel-hopping and ended up watching and enjoying it all, even though it's not my usual sort of thing. Now I can't remember what night or channel it was on and haven't managed to catch another episode since. It's not listed in the tv guide I get with the paper and I'm too poor tight to buy tv times. Can someone put me out of my misery please?

ScreamingHeebieCJs Tue 18-Oct-11 16:03:22

Sky2, Monday nights. Not sure if it's repeated.

Pixel Tue 18-Oct-11 16:07:13

Thank you! smile

thanks

ScreamingHeebieCJs Tue 18-Oct-11 22:26:34

Actually, I might have that wrong. I think it's Sky1. But definitely Mondays, possibly repeated on Wednesdays. The website isn't terribly clear! You can watch online if you go to the website, though ...

[confusing myself emoticon]

GreenMonkies Tue 18-Oct-11 23:50:01

Sky 1, Sunday night, 9pm, repeated on Wednesdays at 11ish I think. This Sunday is the last of this series.

Some, if not all, are available on the sky view again thing online.

ScreamingHeebieCJs Wed 19-Oct-11 09:29:06

Eh? Why am I watching it on a Monday then? Utterly confused confused

Ok. I've checked again. It's on Sky1 on Sundays (except I can't record because already committed to Spooks and Downton Abbey [getalife]) at 9pm, and on Sky2 on Mondays at 10pm.

AND it's repeated on Wednesdays grin

<gets coat> blush

GreenMonkies Mon 24-Oct-11 22:38:52

I watched the last one tonight.

Awesome.

I missed the first series, wonder if it's worth looking for it online to watch.

Flisspaps Mon 24-Oct-11 22:41:54

DH loves it. He's watched 3 episodes from the Tivo tonight. He described it to me as "Tits, fanny and guns. What more could a man want?"

Rangefinder Mon 24-Oct-11 22:52:16

I enjoyed it although not as much as the first series, which I believe is being shown again on Sky from next Sunday wink

bran Mon 24-Oct-11 22:59:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GreenMonkies Tue 25-Oct-11 08:48:04

bran, is that Stonebridge or Scott? I think Stonebridge has the nicer body, but like Naughty-Boy Scott and his cheeky face better. I'd do either at a push though wink nothing inappropriate about having a crush on either of them.

I shall check for the first series rerun.

bran Tue 25-Oct-11 12:09:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GreenMonkies Tue 25-Oct-11 20:54:20

Bran, I have inappropriate thoughts about men far more junior to me than that. Letch away, it's perfectly healthy.

GreenMonkies Tue 25-Oct-11 21:00:07

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Bran, I've just looked him up on IMDB, he's one DAY older than my ex. So age definitely not an issue there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now