Talk

Advanced search

anyone watching autumnwatch? i have a bit of a thing for....

(23 Posts)
pastawine Sun 09-Oct-11 17:02:26

chris packham. i know. but i have noticed him shoe horning song titles into every episode....this week his challenge appeared to be how many of The Damned songs he could get away with mentioning in the course of his pieces to camera and i am a little bit on love with him....

should i go and lay down for a bit and hope it passes?

pastawine Sun 09-Oct-11 21:49:56

obviously i should - you know you really are a freak when no one on mn shares your weird crush. grin

peeriebear Sun 09-Oct-11 21:51:08

I like him too smile Don't be ashamed! I really thought he was gay but apparently not.

minko Sun 09-Oct-11 22:41:16

SO not a weird crush! I've fancied since I was about 17 when he had a lovely peroxide mohawk! He's lush! So what if he collects poo under his bed and goes on about birds all the time.

pastawine Mon 10-Oct-11 08:10:03

I wiki'd him.....he has done the song title thing with the smiths and manics....it was just a crush till I saw he complained about the cruelty in I'm a celeb... Now it's love. I wonder how long I'd get for stalking? grin

Ihavewelliesbutitssunny Mon 10-Oct-11 18:30:59

I do like him but you love him grin

pointydog Mon 10-Oct-11 18:56:27

Part of me likes him but part of me finds him very odd.

He'll end up living mad in an attic with fifty cats.

Wurg Mon 10-Oct-11 19:04:28

I was on The Really Wild Show aged about 11 and my crush has been ongoing since he showed me how to hold a tarantula.

Hold on, I'm no spring chicken so he is looking very good for his age.

pointydog Mon 10-Oct-11 19:05:22

He smears owl droppings into his skin. That's how he stays looking youthful. Plus a bit of bat piss here and there.

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Mon 10-Oct-11 19:10:05

But that's the thing-he doesn't live in an attic-he lives in a huge, beautiful house in the New Forest - he is an eligible bachelor

(disclaimer-I have no idea or his marital status or sexuality. I'm loving the biker dude that does unsprung personally)

pointydog Mon 10-Oct-11 19:19:22

iN YOUR MAD OLD DREAMS, SHELL. hE'S GOT A WIFE OR A PARDNER. i'VE SEEN EM O THE TELLY.

Sorry re caps

pointydog Mon 10-Oct-11 19:19:55

And I said 'he'll end up in an attic'. I know he doesn't live in one now.

purpleknittingmum Mon 10-Oct-11 19:23:05

I love Chris Packham! I plonked a photo of him on my flickr pages a while ago! At the time I looked up how old he is, he is about 50 I think!

pastawine Mon 10-Oct-11 19:32:04

He apparently has a partner and step dd....envy
I want him. Snot fair. He should be mine. I like bats and I'm sure I could become a veritable mine of information on animal poo , I'm nothing if not adaptable!

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Mon 10-Oct-11 19:49:53

envy I'm in denial re partner

I've been in the same room met him-once as a child with Terry nutkins at the really wild road show, and once as an adult at a talk about his photography <boasts>

gallicgirl Mon 10-Oct-11 19:50:33

I thought he was gay too. How strange.

I think it's his passion for nature which is captivating. Steve Backshall has a similar effect.

pastawine Mon 10-Oct-11 22:10:08

i wonder why so many think he is gay? he isnt by the way....though i would be quite willing to test him out and report back. grin

he is a bit punk and i quite like that, a conservationist with an indie streak....i used to have a massive crush on richie edwards from the manics and he wore eyeliner and leopard print....

oh god. i just realised i may be slightly odd. bats even. a match made in heaven! come to me Packham....

pointydog Mon 10-Oct-11 22:10:11

His passion for nature? Or his apparently perpetual desire to take the piss?

chrispackhamslovebunny Tue 11-Oct-11 00:32:40

well im trying out a new name.....<twirls>

it has a conservationist twist.
well. it mentions bunnies.

piprabbit Tue 11-Oct-11 00:40:23

I saw an article recently all about his house and nature reserve gardens in France. Apparently it is the place he loves above all else.

Ancient French barn in the middle of a rural landscape. Minimal/modernist interior filled with contempary art (Banksy etc.).

Here you are.

Not that I am at all stalkery or under the influence of my long term tennage crush.

piprabbit Tue 11-Oct-11 00:41:24

P.S. He has bats living in the house, apparently they piss down the walls - you'd fit right in pasta.

MigratingCoconuts Tue 11-Oct-11 18:12:55

don't have a crush (kind of prefer the other guy wink) but do admire Chris loads.
A complete nature geek and not afraid to show it!!

Ihavewelliesbutitssunny Wed 12-Oct-11 09:57:31

Actually all the men on that show Simon King, Chris Packham, Martin Hughes-Games, Gordan Buchanan (plus more that I can't think of) look very good for their age (and they are a lot older than me blush). Perhaps an interest in wildlife is the key to youthfulness for men?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now