Talk

Advanced search

What is your favourite Cbeebies story and narrator?

(14 Posts)
SarfEasticated Tue 04-Oct-11 22:12:06

Mine is Anna Maxwell Martin reading the story about the princess that won't wake up. Can't remember the name of it unfortunately.

What's yours?

AmIthatbad Tue 04-Oct-11 23:27:10

I love The Lamb who came for dinner, read by Matt Baker grin

SarfEasticated Wed 05-Oct-11 12:27:23

Actually I also love 'Hugless Douglas' read by Sanjeev Bhaskar he's gorgeous and very funny <3

SarfEasticated Wed 05-Oct-11 12:32:01

Snoring Beauty, by Rachael Mortimer and Amanda Hellberg is the name of the story mentioned in my original post and it's on tonight! Hurrah!
Watch out for the illustration of Prince smile

whatkungfuthat Thu 06-Oct-11 14:57:00

The Mousehole Cat read by Shobna Gulati and Lenny Henry doing Rastamouse

StantonLacy Thu 06-Oct-11 22:01:16

Toby Stephens reading anything.

But probably Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs.

He's just got that caddish/rakish twinkle thing going on and the voices he does for it are great.

josephinebonaparte Sat 08-Oct-11 00:42:15

Rupert Penry Jones he was lying on the bed and everything

FreddieMercurysBolero Sat 08-Oct-11 01:39:14

David Tennant. Doesn't really matter what he's reading...

Anjelika Mon 10-Oct-11 11:20:36

Can I ask - is this a Cbeebies programme (and if so what's it called?) or something on the website? I can find some stories on the website but none read by the people mentioned above.

Thanks

Milchardo Thu 13-Oct-11 15:14:53

Another fan of The Mousehole Cat. smile

AmIthatbad Sat 15-Oct-11 00:26:23

Anjelika I think these are the bedtime stories that come up about 10 minutes before the channel shuts down. Available on youtube

And Mousehole cat was good, plus Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type, read by the fantastically wonderful Fabulous Baker Boy

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 15-Oct-11 09:35:57

My favourite (when dd was young enough to be watching) was Bill Paterson reading the book whose name I've forgotten about the fish with the multi-coloured scales. It doesn't seem to be on YT.

Of those available on YT, my favourite is I'm Not Going Out There.

NosfeRaahhtu Sat 15-Oct-11 13:04:33

I love the run up to Children in Need, because they always get Terry Wogan on to read the story- I love his voice, a proper story telling voice (and he always looks like a naughty schoolboy).

I also loved the bloke out of 'Silent Witness',Tom Ward- the one who plays Harry (can't remember what he read- wasn't properly listeningblush).

Sometimes the readers look really uncomfortable- as though they are fulfilling their bbc contractual obligations ( and are planning on sacking their agents!)grin

SarfEasticated Sat 15-Oct-11 20:50:36

I know - I wonder how they get the gig. And I wonder how they choose what they are going to read. I'd LOVE someone good to read "down the back of the chair" www.amazon.co.uk/Down-Back-Chair-Margaret-Mahy/dp/1845076028/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318708110&sr=1-1
or Bubble Trouble www.amazon.co.uk/Bubble-Trouble-Margaret-Mahy/dp/1847801862/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318708195&sr=1-1
both amazing books and real tongue twisters smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now