Talk

Advanced search

Does Lorraine Pascale annoy anyone else?

(18 Posts)
glitch Mon 03-Oct-11 20:41:01

So far tonight she has gushed about eating choriza, cheese and ham toasties, chocolate til it's coming out of her orifices, covers everything with parmesan, but do we actually ever see her eat anything?

Where is Nigella, I know she scoffs everything off screen not like pretender Lorraine.

FlossieFromCrapstonVillas Mon 03-Oct-11 20:43:07

Irritating.

Very beautiful but if she eats any of that I'm Elle Macpherson.

nethunsreject Mon 03-Oct-11 20:45:26

I don't mind her, but Jesus, that must be some of the most fatty food I've ever seen.

timidviper Mon 03-Oct-11 20:48:48

Yes she irritates me beyond belief!

She certainly doesn't doesn't look like she enjoys large quantities of food and has that patronising whiff of childrens tv presenter about her.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 03-Oct-11 20:49:04

She's damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't though - isn't she?

Yes, she is beautiful and modelly, but we can no more hold that against her than if she were fatter and less pretty.

And if she does eat or nibble the food, she'd be accused of 'doing a Nigella', playing too much on her sexuality. So instead she does not constantly nibble, but instead tells stories of when she had a paper round - and people say that she doesn't eat her food!

TheSydenhamSet Mon 03-Oct-11 20:49:43

My aunt is very slim and yet indulges in puds, cakes and generally eats very well. Her secret? She works out. I believe Lorraine when she says she really does eat what she cooks ~ and i'm sure she's got a well-used gym membership!

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 03-Oct-11 20:51:44

Look!!! She just ate there!!
<crosses arms and glares about thread>

But I don't think she needed to put that chutney in a jug. That was sill, it did not even pour well.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 03-Oct-11 20:52:06

sill silly

glitch Mon 03-Oct-11 20:53:42

But she pretends to eat or just nibbles a tiny crumb off the corner. I'd prefer her to leave it totally or just stuff the lot in.

glitch Mon 03-Oct-11 20:59:22

OOOOOHHHH, I thought she was really going to do it then and actually eat it!!

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 03-Oct-11 21:06:21

Haha! I like her. Have noticed that she has not worn a white top this series however - last series was ALL ABOUT the white shirt or tshirt.

That was the source of the most pondering from me - not 'does she not eat her stuff', but 'how on earth does she stay so pristine?' !

BelleDameSansMerci Mon 03-Oct-11 21:07:18

I like her and love the recipes... Just ordered the book smile

TougherThanTheRest Thu 13-Oct-11 13:03:14

I really like her and her recipes are great, I have both of the books and use them loads - the recipes are really easy to follow and taste amazing. The fact that she's beautiful or thin doesn't really come into it for me.

But she is annoying me a bit this series with her over emphatic banging on about comfort food and cosy Autumn evenings, it's just a bit contrived and teeth on edgy for me. Also the insistence on going back to where she used to live and linking the recipes to something she used to eat as a child - I get why they do this but it winds me up - when will TV programme makers realise we are not interested in chefs' (or any other type of 'expert' come to that) lives, just their recipes, skills and knowledge?

I also hate they way she does that modern thing when she speaks where she list some items in a sort of droney voice - does anyone have a clue what I'm on about? For example she'll be talking about some bread she's made and she'll say 'You can serve it with (drone) butter, (drone), some good olive oil*, (drone) strawberry jam, (drone) grated cheese etc etc.

*Also winds me up when chefs go on about 'good' olive oil, 'good' bread etc for some reason but I'm not sure why.

limitedperiodonly Thu 13-Oct-11 15:10:16

She is intensely irritating. I've only ever watched one programme.

Agree with timidviper about the whiff of children's TV presenter.

KurriKurri Thu 13-Oct-11 15:16:46

I like her, and like her recipes (although I am a short fat person and a more realistic representation of what you look like if you eat them grin)

She is very beautiful, and probably one of those annoying naturally slim - 'can eat anything they want' people.

Seeing Nigella gobbling great wodges of food is slightly off putting IMO, I prefer Lorraine's nibbling.

dazzlingdeborahrose Sun 16-Oct-11 18:04:55

She doesn't necessarily annoy me but the camerawork does. Why is the camera pointing at her face when it should be pointing at her hands. She is supposed to be showing us how to do this stuff. And why was it necessary to send her to Barcelona to buy a chorizo she could have bought at the local supermarket confused

MollieO Sun 16-Oct-11 18:09:06

Isn't it one of these lifestyle cookery programmes? Hence the need to show her in the market in Barcelona and other lovely shops? I like her. Ds loves her (he is 7 so the children's presenter bit might ring true!). She is beautiful and thin but she does have proper cooking credentials, unlike Sophie Dahl.

tom123 Mon 10-Nov-14 09:19:42

Shut ur mouth she is a nice woman I have met her in person she is sweet u don't no shit bout her or her bad up bringing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now