Talk

Advanced search

Celebrity Masterchef anyone?

(15 Posts)
Biscuitsandtea Mon 03-Oct-11 15:50:04

Hi,

I couldn't find a thread on Celebrity Masterchef, but wondered if anyone could tell me who the 'social historian' / victorian farm woman is on it this week? Never heard of her. confused

That's not to say I've ever heard of all of the other 'slebs' on it but hey ho.....

substantiallycompromised Mon 03-Oct-11 19:35:57

I usually love watching this but I seem to be missing every episode atm. Wierd scheduling!

Sorry - live abroad - don't know who any of the celebs are either...

Biscuitsandtea Mon 03-Oct-11 19:45:29

Yes, it is weird having it on in the afternoon (don't know if you get the same times it's if you're abroad) - I'd be buggered without my sky plus box!

Terpsichore Mon 03-Oct-11 21:02:19

Ruth Goodman is a social historian who appears in programmes where she and her side-kicks go and live (well, appear to live, for the cameras grin) in an era from the past - like 'The Victorian Farm', 'The Victorian Pharmacy' and the first one (which I think was by far the best), 'Tales from the Green Valley' - which was a 17th farm. She always does quite a bit of cooking on these progs so I'd pegged her as possibly quite good, though she was more slapdash than I expected. Mind you, she's usually making huge suet puddings or plucking geese or something, not having to fanny around with white plates and a drizzle of sauce...

No idea who the actor bloke is, as I don't watch Eastenders, and the rugby player is also a mystery, but for anyone who doesn't know UK news TV, Kirsty Wark is a presenter of 'Newsnight' - and quite a formidable lady I have no doubt.

Actually I reckon this newest lot have shown by far the most promise of any of the so-called slebs so far. Some of them have been shockingly crap hmm

Biscuitsandtea Mon 03-Oct-11 21:08:42

Ah thank you smile

Yes, this week does seem fantastically more talented than previous weeks? I wonder if they put all the good'uns together so that they don't show the others up?

Terpsichore Mon 03-Oct-11 21:13:14

I must say they all reacted quite coolly when presented with squirrel - not sure I'd have been quite so blase!

Biscuitsandtea Mon 03-Oct-11 21:18:13

Yes - quite!!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Tue 04-Oct-11 09:08:10

There is another thread about it somewhere.
I didn't see that segement which is good, I really don't like Ruth Goodman.

Biscuitsandtea Tue 04-Oct-11 09:35:33

Ah, I could only find really old threads - not any about this year?

Biscuitsandtea Tue 04-Oct-11 18:32:53

Have to say I'm inclined to agree re Ruth so far - she slightly annoys me - but can't put my finger on why...

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 05-Oct-11 08:41:36

It's her bossy know it all voice that bends my brain.
How did Tim Lovejoy get on? Anybody know?

Biscuitsandtea Wed 05-Oct-11 08:48:14

I think he went through - but it was weeks ago - I can't remember. Who was he up against? That might help jog my memory....

Biscuitsandtea Wed 05-Oct-11 16:23:28

I think he went through with Aggie Mackenzie?

theliverpoolone Thu 06-Oct-11 11:57:09

I think Phil Vickery's been good this week - despite being saddled with Ricky Groves, whose approach to cooking was just 'add every ingredient on the table - and more!'. But yesterday I suddenly noticed his cauliflower ears shock, which distracted me then for the whole programme - they look dreadful, can't believe doing a sport can cause that!

Can't see Ruth coping too well with the professional kitchen today - I agree she's quite annoying, hope she goes on Friday.

Biscuitsandtea Thu 06-Oct-11 21:19:22

I'm loving Phil vickery - he's doing so well and seems like a nice chap (if one can ignore his ears wink). And he did really well with his 'faultless' chef's signature dish - go Phil smile

Agree - hope Ruth goes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now