Dylthan Sat 01-Oct-11 09:56:20

It starts again tonight at 7:50 tonight smile
Will any one else be watching?

lec0rnsillk Sat 01-Oct-11 09:57:23

yay - love Merlin smile

Dylthan Sat 01-Oct-11 09:58:14

Oops too many tonights really must learn to preview my messages blush

EdithWeston Sat 01-Oct-11 10:04:09

They say this series will be "darker" - anyone know what that might mean in terms of age suitability? DCs are OK with scary, but don't do gory. I doubt I'll ban them from watching, but forewarned is forearmed!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 01-Oct-11 12:41:19

I've never seen it before. Is series 4 too late to start?

Jacaqueen Sat 01-Oct-11 13:49:29

I am also worried about the content with it being on later.

DS is 6 and loves this programme, he has been waiting for it to come back all year. He knows it is on tonight after Dr Who, there is no way that I will be able to distract him. Mind you he is normally in bed by 8pm on Saturday so I may lay down the law, send him to bed and watch it first then let him see it on Sunday.

Hopefully once Dr Who has ended it will be on earlier.

IMO it is never too late to start watching those fine young men!

Misspixietrix Sat 01-Oct-11 20:19:52

Jacaqueen Dr Who finished tonight so think it will be on a little earlier. My dd loves it too but both DC's have just been sent to bed for being naughty, kind of glad I'm previewing it first can see what they mean about it being darker! < peers from behind sofa > x

HarrietJones Sat 01-Oct-11 20:21:18

Marking my place. Dd1 loves it but I've never been bothered. Looking more interesting tonight

GettinTrimmer Sat 01-Oct-11 21:03:29

Just seen tonight's episode with ds, 9, and it is darker, and I think will be better than the last series which just seemed to go on and on with Merlin saving the day and Arthur not knowing he had magic.

Looks like there's a showdown coming between Morgana and Merlin.

teejwood Sat 01-Oct-11 22:52:51

dc's were suitably frightened-but-wanted-to-watch-on and bereft at the end, wanting it to continue so they could see what happened next - so a good start to the series i'd say smile
do love

teejwood Sat 01-Oct-11 22:53:35

bah pressed send. do love the noble knights - they seem to get better every year wink

Dumbledoresgirl Sun 02-Oct-11 10:59:34

Don't be too sure that it will be on earlier now that Dr Who has finished. I saw on another website that the next couple of week's episodes are going to start around 8 too. I don't know how reliable that information is, but with the series being darker (plus, I am sure I read somewhere that the Guinivere, Arthur, Lancelot triangle was going to be explored more) I have a feeling more of it may not be suitable to younger children.

My youngest is 8, and was as excited as I am that the new series was starting (die-hard Merlin fan here) but he was clearly unnerved by the special effects last night and went to bed half-way through. I would prefer he watches it in the cold light of day rather than just before going to bed.

MigratingCoconuts Sun 02-Oct-11 16:15:35

I enjoyed it and morgana seems to have controlled that stranged sneery gurning thing she used to do.

MortBlackCatsandWitch Sun 02-Oct-11 16:23:22

Dh said to me last night as we watched it ... this is one for the mums isn't it? A type for everyone in there grin

Gawain for me

HoneyPablo Sun 02-Oct-11 16:27:32

I love Merlin. I love the sets, the costumes, the acting and the stories and Gawain too.
It is about the only thing worth watching on tv at the moment and I have been waiting all summer for it to start again.

MigratingCoconuts Sun 02-Oct-11 16:37:08

Gawain...oh yes!!!

MortBlackCatsandWitch Sun 02-Oct-11 16:53:27

"I enjoyed it and morgana seems to have controlled that stranged sneery gurning thing she used to do." I've got a horrible feeling that Inspector Linley will be doing the 'hiding round corners and smirking' thing instead...

....i mean, wtf would Arthur trust him??? He couldn't look more as if he'd come dressed as snape if he tried....

MigratingCoconuts Sun 02-Oct-11 16:57:16

pmsl!!

It was fab, loved it.

And yes the knights are lovely - as was the gratuitous shot of Arthur's backside grin

LetUsPrey Sun 02-Oct-11 18:12:01

Watched it today with DS1(9). His review is "It was brilliant."

As soon as we saw Nathaniel Parker - what's his character? Aggravate or something? - I said that I don't think he's one of the good guys. DS1 agreed.

And the knights - loving Gawain, the Knight With No Sleeves and the Knight with the Curly Hair whose name I can never remember.

I prefer Merlin to Arthur!

Dumbledoresgirl Sun 02-Oct-11 18:47:58

As soon as we saw Nathaniel Parker - what's his character? Aggravate or something?

His name is Agravaine - though I may not have the spelling correct.

And the knights - loving Gawain, the Knight With No Sleeves and the Knight with the Curly Hair whose name I can never remember.

Knight with no sleeves is Percival, and knight with curly hair is Sir Leon. HTH

<Told you I am a die-hard fan!>

MigratingCoconuts Sun 02-Oct-11 19:23:30

I think I prefer 'Agravate' grin

LetUsPrey Sun 02-Oct-11 19:30:41

Thanks Dumbledoresgirl. Now I have names to put to the characters which will help me be a lech follow the story. grin

Dumbledoresgirl Sun 02-Oct-11 22:24:45

LOL, I prefer Aggravate too. He is clearly going to do just that.... (esp if Arthur resolutely refuses to see his true character, just as he and his father resolutely missed Morgana's true nature).

MortBlackCatsandWitch Mon 03-Oct-11 09:32:33

Ah thanks - i wasn't sure of Sir Leon's name .. he appears to be second in command (after Arthur) for the moment....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now