Talk

Advanced search

The Masoods

(11 Posts)
NickNacks Mon 26-Sep-11 20:50:57

Why is her name Zainab Masood and his name is Masood Ahmed? Is it coincidence or does she get her last name from it being his first name......

ThePathanKhansWoman Mon 26-Sep-11 20:52:18

If they're married, its common for women of the Islamic faith to keep their own names (or at least their fathers) HTH.

Eglu Mon 26-Sep-11 20:55:55

I asked this a while ago on here and somebody told me that it is something to do with her being the wife of Masood. But then I was saying to DH tonight that Afia has the surname Masood now too. Surely she would be Afia Tamwar. So I'm completely confused

NickNacks Mon 26-Sep-11 21:02:43

So it's probably just coincidence then.... but one tht could have been avoided since they are made up people!

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 27-Sep-11 13:11:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MummyPenguin Tue 27-Sep-11 13:32:32

And what was Massood saying to Zainab in their own language - that he had to say three times - that made her cry?? It all seemed to be going so well up until that point, like there was going to be a big reconciliation or something.

belledechocchipcookie Tue 27-Sep-11 13:37:44

'I divorce thee' (I think). He said it in English first.

5inthebed Tue 27-Sep-11 13:38:15

Divorcing her. I had to rewind to get the jist of it as well,but he did say I am divorcing you and have to say it three times.

Fo0ffyShmooffer Tue 27-Sep-11 13:38:37

MummyPenguin - I believe it was " I divorce you".

MummyPenguin Tue 27-Sep-11 15:38:37

Now I'm confused as to why she was so upset, she got rid of Masood ages ago didn't she? Albeit because of his liason with Jane, but I didn't think she wanted him back. confused.com (bloody scriptwriters)

gregssausageroll Tue 27-Sep-11 19:59:29

ach I am fedup with this story. Wish it would move on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now