Talk

Advanced search

Nigel Slater. Doesn't he look old?

(14 Posts)
ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sun 25-Sep-11 21:37:18

I watched the first of his new series tonight, I was struck by how he has aged since the last one and how s-l-o-w-l-y he talks and the random emphasis on words.
Also, how he doesn't make any carbs to go with his dinners. If I went round and he gave me a pork chop and gooseberries, however nice and tasty it was, I'd want some rice or potatoes.
Anyone else?

suzikettles Sun 25-Sep-11 21:40:41

Not sure about the carb thing. I always think this, but when I eat out and the potatoes or whatever are served on the side I realise how much I don't really need them that much.

He's 53 and I don't think the longer hair is doing him any favours tbh [square]

suzikettles Sun 25-Sep-11 21:41:08

too many muches...

mycatsaysach Sun 25-Sep-11 21:57:43

i thought he looked much older before his make over

Davros Mon 26-Sep-11 14:36:41

I think he lost weight a year or so ago and its made him look saggy. That's my excuse for not bothering to lose weight anyway grin. I have taped the programme but not watched yet but agree I'd want more than meat and fruit unless it was meat fruit by Heston.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Mon 26-Sep-11 15:30:13

Didn't realise he'd had a makeover. I agree about the length of his hair. I am very unpopular with DD as I am often heard to talk about the state of a boy's hair and how long hair, that isn't kept clean and brushed is grubby looking.

ForYourDreamsAreChina Mon 26-Sep-11 15:33:23

Is his hair still a greasy lanky mess?

Does he still think we have organic individual farm sourced mad-named cheese wrapped in muslin in our cupboard?

Does he still do that weird pausing in mid-sentence thing?

His food looks lovely, granted,but I am usually too busy throwing up at the thought of Nigel having had his mitts on it to care by the end of the programme. He seriously creeps me out.

ForYourDreamsAreChina Mon 26-Sep-11 15:34:03

Dear God, this is hom after a makeover?

The before must have been hammer-horror.

stinkyfluffycat Mon 26-Sep-11 15:41:46

Oh please don't be mean about Nigel, he's so sweet!

I used to work in a shop where the average customer was fairly, er, demanding and he came in was was utterly lovely. He'd unfolded some thing to look at and once he'd chosen what he wanted he started refolding all the other things. I told him it didn't matter, I'd do it (being my actual job and all, even though his folding was way neater than mine ever was) and he insisted on helping and was just the least demanding nicest customer ever.

And he had cats which were something like 20 & 22 years old so he's clearly excellent at looking after cats.

He can adopt me and feed me organic fattening stuff with fattening stuff on top anyday..

mycatsaysach Mon 26-Sep-11 15:51:44

well i thought it was a makeover - new hairstyle and shirt untucked smile

i'm sure he is lovely in rl - i just don't think he is right for a cooking programme

ForYourDreamsAreChina Mon 26-Sep-11 15:53:40

Folding things? Benetton? grin

I'm sure he is sweet, and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest he has cats, but it's just the grubbiness. He makes Hugh look like those blokes who stride macho-ly and shinily and cleanly across the tarmac in the gillette ads.

Did he, you know, pong a bit when he was helping with the folding?

stinkyfluffycat Mon 26-Sep-11 16:07:34

Twas a while ago, but sure I would have remembered if he smelled bad!
One of my (female) friends was actually planning on hunting him down and marrying him and was quite crushed when I told her she wasn't exactly his type...

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Mon 26-Sep-11 18:23:47

Depending on how long ago your encounter with Nige was stinky, his cats should be dead and he can have my two.
I agree he looks grubby.

debbietown6511 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:21:49

LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS A BLOODY GOOD WASH.
TURNED OFF NEW PROG SO BORING AND HE'S HAIR PUT ME RIGHT OFF

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now