Talk

Advanced search

Pushy & proud mums-come and judge

(25 Posts)
missmogwi Mon 19-Sep-11 22:00:58

Every week this programme has much judge fodder and tonight won't be any different!

This looks a cracker!

5inthebed Mon 19-Sep-11 22:02:05

Watching for the first time...so far like this shock

missmogwi Mon 19-Sep-11 22:05:16

????

Weighing 3 times a day!

Words fail me.

5inthebed Mon 19-Sep-11 22:09:45

Notice how she wore a t shirt while swimming and the other girls didn't.

And slimming pills to keep the mothers weight down hmm. Mayb she shouldtry what she is dong to her daughter?

ArtyFartyPants Mon 19-Sep-11 22:12:20

Vile mothers....

Kids should be left to be kids...angry

missmogwi Mon 19-Sep-11 22:14:28

They are trying to dress it up as being healthy but it's obvious the mums got serious issues.

That first mum rules with an orange iron fist grin

scarlettlips Mon 19-Sep-11 22:15:07

Watched it a few weeks ago...won't be watching it again!

Made me really sad my mother died when I was much much younger and I remember her with paint in her hair, making pan cakes with a big smile and knitting new jumpers for us. None this plastic crap, makes me sick.

Poor poor kids

missmogwi Mon 19-Sep-11 22:24:13

I'm sorry about your mum Scarlettlips she sounds like a lovely mother.

These women are such an extreme, it's very sad how they are projecting their own issues onto their kids.
This is one of the worst ones, setting these girls up for serious body issues IMO.

scarlettlips Mon 19-Sep-11 22:35:26

Thank you missmogwi she was. Long time ago now, now I'm a Mummy!

I'd like to see what the father's of these girls think about all of this....?

What are these girls going to remember in 20 years time...Saturdays spent having fake bake and getting lessons on how to bag a footballer. What about finger painting and going to the swings!

Little girls are children, not dollies!!!

[stomp] [stomp]

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 19-Sep-11 22:41:51

Sacha's mum slearly wants to be famous and is using her dd to get there.

They were in a programme about beauty pagents a while ago.

I have 2 dd's of 13 and 11 and I know that they would hate to be treated like Sacha.

zukiecat Mon 19-Sep-11 22:54:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missmogwi Mon 19-Sep-11 23:00:40

Is that her who was in closer a few years ago??

She's a bloody nightmare, she's very confrontational in her manner to the narrator too. Oddball.

tallwivglasses Mon 19-Sep-11 23:05:01

Couldn't that be seen as child-abuse?

I'm usually cynical about these types of 'doc' - they're often very staged...but the programme-makers must have seen Sacha's mum and thought what a gift.

Doesn't that amount of exercise and lack of balanced diet fuck up the metabolism? What's it doing to her mentally? That poor, poor girl.

McPie Tue 20-Sep-11 11:19:46

Never have I shouted at the tv so much whilst watching a series, the gobby pamper mum from the first one is nothing compared to the mums this week. Those poor kids, I feel so sorry for the 6 yo who thinks shes fat (???)because her mums obsessed with her own weight.

missmogwi Tue 20-Sep-11 11:27:15

Me too, I wasn't convinced the mum had really changed her ways. A kiddie that age shouldn't be worrying about weight etc.

The only one who spoke any sense was one of the older woman's daughter who wouldn't diet. Why would anyone try to enforce that on their children, making them promise not to eat chocolate etc.

Madness.

zukiecat Tue 20-Sep-11 12:38:07

missmogwi Tue 20-Sep-11 12:50:54

Her eyes were scary. When the presenter asked what if your children put weight on, she looked unhinged. Much crazed laughter.

She will be some poor sods mother in law one day!

zukiecat Tue 20-Sep-11 15:23:19

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 20-Sep-11 18:53:21

i replied on other thread last night - didnt see this one

fuck me - i know that mum shock

she lives in blondesland !!!!

lyla and olivia and sophia - omfg cant beleive she is on this programme - actually i can iyswim sad

omg - all that food but the birthday girl cant eat it sad

Riveninabingle Tue 20-Sep-11 21:25:44

drummerswife Tue 20-Sep-11 21:43:56

that poor kid can't walk in those hideous shoes
so sad that a 6 year old thinks they are fat

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 20-Sep-11 22:05:03

bad diets and esp last weeks junk food/macdonalds every day to me is child abuse/neglect sad

MummyPenguin Wed 21-Sep-11 18:49:23

Sasha and her family have also been on a programme about beauty paegants. The Mother was vile on that too. Sasha came across as a precocious brat on the beauty paegant show, but in this one, actually seemed a lot nicer. Poor girl. Her Mum should be grateful she's got a beautiful normal Daughter and just let her be herself. I've had issues and worries with my own Daughter (15) not eating enough and being borderline eating disorder so recorded this programme to watch when she's not around. I certainly don't want to give her any more ideas on how to lose weight. If Sasha's Mum could see her Daughter shrinking before her eyes - like I have - she might have a serious word with herself about what she's doing. The 6 year old girl was very sweet and although her Mum has inflicted negative body issues on to her, she seems sensible enough to want to backtrack it and try and undo the damage before it's too late. There's nothing wrong with a healthy diet and exercise for kids but it has to be executed sensibly.

talkingnonsense Sat 24-Sep-11 22:36:56

I thought the young mum with kasha was doing her best- the daughter seemed well loved. But poor sasha- was it 59 lb she weighed? At 15? Isn't that only just over 4 stone?

bruffin Sat 24-Sep-11 22:45:48

There are some videos from other programmes about sascha and some if the comments are truly obscene, especially talking about a child. How can a mother subject their child to that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now