loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching sleb masterchef?

(23 Posts)
Choufleur Fri 16-Sep-11 20:37:38

What a weird start. Why show Darren Campbell? Have I missed s

Zacsbird Fri 16-Sep-11 21:04:57

I'm watching, but agree it's a weird start, the best bit is the trials IMHO.

It doesn't seem to have been advertised at all either, found out it was on by pure chance. Very odd indeed.

posey Fri 16-Sep-11 21:09:53

I think that they've been doing some preliminary stuff on daytime TV but it certainly hasn't been advertised and I think it's a shame they've done that.

Skillbo Fri 16-Sep-11 21:52:40

When is it on (and where?) as love a bit of Masterchef...

KurriKurri Fri 16-Sep-11 22:08:31

Its been on every day at about 2ish. Darren was there for the first 3 days I think, then eliminated. Whole week devoted to same 3 celebs, then one quarter finalist at end of week (or 2 this week).

It has been strangely hidden away, and I imagine a highlights programme won't make much sense, its a condensing of 5 3/4 hr. programmes. Odd.

lucjam Fri 16-Sep-11 23:14:22

Isn't it a repeat? I thought Nick Pickard and Michelle Mone (?) had been on ages ago?

Zacsbird Fri 16-Sep-11 23:16:03

Seriousy daytime t.v.? What use is that to us working mums? Not sure I can be arsed watching anymore, this is taking the piss. And I do love anything Masterchef....

theliverpoolone Sat 17-Sep-11 00:01:19

i've enjoyed it this week - discovered it was on by chance so have been recording it in the afternoons and watching in the evenings. Poor Michelle today, i've never seen anyone so stressed! She should have gone out before Darren, imo.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sat 17-Sep-11 08:37:08

I stumbled across it too. I have two beefs (see what I did there), I don't know who a single one of those celebrities are and the blonde woman was a total drama queen.
I for one won't be watching any more - (ala points of view)
Has Gorgeous Gregg lost weight or is my telly on the blink?

MarkStretch Sat 17-Sep-11 08:47:17

I was confused by this too- I was convinced it was a repeat but Gregg said on his twitter feed that a new celeb Masterchef started tonight (Friday).

They do appear to have missed out huge chunks- Why?! I'm all confused?!

It's on again tonight on BBC1 at 6.10pm- it says it's a catch up show where the celebs take part in invention tests.

WHAT?!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sat 17-Sep-11 19:24:34

I saw the end of tonights, despite saying I wouldn't watch it.
The blond woman cried again and was 30 minutes late with her pudding. Linda Lusardi is a real mans woman and the man was pretty innocuous.
Gregg is back to his normal porky looking self today.

Davros Sun 18-Sep-11 18:07:51

I have been taping it. Agree about Michelle Mone, drama queen! I am also watching Masterchef Australia on Watch, heh heh.

HugeGrant Wed 21-Sep-11 20:54:25

I'm glad they've kept the old format/studio though.

Michelle Mone has had waaay too much 'work' done her face, she can blink her eyes and move her lips and that's about it!

Davros Fri 23-Sep-11 10:49:51

I remember now how I knew about it although we'd only just got back from holiday - the good old Radio Times. I can't live without my RT and highly recommend it.
Michelle Mone looks like she's looking through a Michelle Mone mask!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Fri 23-Sep-11 10:53:49

Whne is it on again. I get so confused with having so many channels to watch (around 120) I can't keep track.
DD has no problems finding Glee every single day angry

LidlVoice Sat 24-Sep-11 22:45:55

Masterchef scheduling is confusing at the best of times, but this one really takes the biscuit (you're not the only one rips grin). And why are they back in the old kitchen? I'm glad, as I hated the new set last time; let's hope they've ditched it when Masterchef proper starts (whenever that might be).

Terpsichore Sat 24-Sep-11 23:23:34

Anyone else feel that the contestants so far are pretty poor? I'm sure last time there were some really accomplished people, like Neil what's-his-name whose dad had been a chef and was pretty driven himself. The latest lot seem to have gone in for it despite having almost zero aptitude in several cases.

All of the above will only make sense to anyone who has actually managed to negotiate the bizarre scheduling, however grin

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sun 25-Sep-11 08:35:24

I agree, the only person I knew from the last one I saw was Tim Lovejoy and that's only because I have a devotion to Simon Rimmer that sees me watch (and or record) something for the weekend every Sunday.
Unfortunatley the Lovejoy face is always on it too.

Davros Sun 25-Sep-11 10:22:23

The scheduling is weird. I have set it to tape the series and I'm getting all sorts of extra summary programmes which seem to have some new material but I can't be bothered to trek through the bits I've already seen.....
The group with Tim Lovejoy were utterly hopeless.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sun 25-Sep-11 11:48:04

Who were the other people though? I didn't see it from the beginning so I couldn't work out the other two. I could google but I am lazy.
I think one was in Corrie about 20 years ago, the blond scouser, the other is a complete mystery.

Terpsichore Sun 25-Sep-11 14:46:14

Blonde scouser = Margi Clarke who, many moons ago, used to be a fixture on TV in the North West at the tail-end of the punk era, known simply as 'Margox', and has been in some films. Apparently, she was in 'Family Affairs' (thanks, Wikipedia grin).

Aggie McKenzie = 'How Clean is Your House'.

There was also someone who got kicked out earlier (from East Enders? Dunno, frankly), who was a veggie and seemed to make virtually the same all-purpose curry in every single round. She fell to pieces with every task she was asked to do, and in the 'mass-catering' exercise, still hadn't put her veg on to cook with only 20 mins to go till dishing-up time.

I could see it was all going to go absolutely pear-shaped when the first challenge for this lot was to assemble (not make, just assemble) ravioli, and not one of them had a clue. Now they're all spouting the required rubbish about 'wanting to take it right to the finish' and 'I've rediscovered my passion for cooking.' FFS!

I'm pinning my hopes on Kirsty Wark (in an upcoming week) who at least says she is interested in cooking......

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sun 25-Sep-11 21:34:35

Thanks for that, I knew I'd seen her somewhere. The Lovejoy face was wittering on this morning about it. He makes me angry.
I could find out who won it, it must have already been filmed and I have a friend whose company does the filming for that and The Apprentice. He is sworn to secrecy obviously, and to be fair, is very very very discreet.

theliverpoolone Sun 25-Sep-11 22:03:03

the woman who made curry for every challenge was in Eastenders back in its early days - I seem to remember her being married to someone called Sanjay. Margi Clarke was in a film called Letter to Breznev, and was Tyrone's mum in Corrie smile. Am hoping Colin and Justin show some cooking skills this week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now