Talk

Advanced search

are the current Neighbours characters...

(32 Posts)
vmcd28 Fri 16-Sep-11 13:45:28

a bit meh?
Paul - no good without a meaty storyline.
Tash - not interested if you drown or go to boarding school. But don't want you to stay.
Andrew and Summer - yuck. And boring.
Sonya - can't bear the overacting.
Toadie - meh.
Jade and Kyle - I don't care if you end up together or not.
Lucas - boring.
Kennedys - silly storyline with sick Jim. Mal - what are you adding to any of this?
Kate and Sophie - GO AWAY, YOU ARE BOTH SOOO ANNOYING THAT I CANT BEAR IT.

scrappydappydoo Fri 16-Sep-11 13:52:10

Yeah I agree - but I won't stop watching it grin
I find the whole Kennedys marriage issues really tedious - don't blame Jim for giving up the will to live..
I fail to see how whatshisname Tashs dad ever became a teacher let alone a head..
I really enjoyed Harold coming back and sorting everyone out smile

MigratingCoconuts Fri 16-Sep-11 18:13:12

totally agree....not really watching it so much now. I actually think they could have more characters. The houses all seem half empy compared with the numbers they used to be able to hold.

for instance, the house jade and Kyle (plus loon girl) once held mrs and mrs scully and three girls.

The house of trouser once held toadie and 4 sub letters.

Only Paul and Andrew live in their house.

its all seems a bit empty....

vmcd28 Sun 18-Sep-11 22:38:57

You're right! The houses are all half empty! I hadn't thought of that!

Toady's become a controlling, manipulative arse. Which is a shame because I used to like him.

daenerysstormborn Mon 19-Sep-11 00:18:20

i was worried the other day, what they were going to do about the hospital set, obviously they only have the 1 set for it, tash rushed in via ambulance when jim is still there and yet to die.

they need to bring in some decent new eye candy characters

AlfieandAnnieRose Mon 19-Sep-11 09:09:28

Yes even the Kennedy's house is empty! No waifs or strays staying there. And Mal hardly seems to feature. Im interested to see what will happen with loon girl (Michelle), im bored of the Susan/Jim storyline now and Tash's dramatics.

reastie Mon 19-Sep-11 09:17:21

Yeah I agree - i've been a neighbours devotee since the kylie and jason days but i've stopped watching it now shock . it's the 'next time on neighbours' bit too that drives me mad - what's the point in watching the whole episode if it's summed up in 30 secs? what happened to the cliffhangers? hmm

LadyMontdore Mon 19-Sep-11 09:52:47

Our sky box doesn't work after lunch anymore, only in the evening. No idea why! However it does mean I can't watch neighbours anymore and I haven't missed it that much. Always used to wonder how many bedrooms all the houses had as there were so many people and now there are just a few dull ones. It's all a bit too much like real life and neighbours is meant to be silly and completely unrealistic. That's why I watched it!
Hate the Susan / Jim story + he looks very healthy.

AlfieandAnnieRose Mon 19-Sep-11 12:44:00

Tash's dad is annoying me, all he does is walk around his house looking at baby pictures of Tash with sad music playing in the background for what feels like an eternity. Get over it!

Honeypie80 Mon 19-Sep-11 15:19:46

Can someone please tell me who on earth is Jim, i havent watched it for months but have been off work the past couple of weeks and have been dipping back now and again, from what i can guess everyone is still annoying as usual (i know why do i watch then...) but im dying to know who Jim is, are him and susan having an affair or not, she still leaves with karl i think so whats going on....

LilBB Mon 19-Sep-11 15:24:41

I think they need some new characters brought in. I agree all the houses are half empty. At one time I remember wondering how all the people could fit in to these seemingly 3/4 bedroomed houses. The jade/Kyle/loon house at one time had that chavvy family (timmons?) with millions of offspring. The Kennedys usually have at least 3 children that aren't their own. The house of trouser used to have god knows how many people in the days of Fraser and Rosie.

daenerysstormborn Mon 19-Sep-11 16:08:08

jim was the builder who did the rebuild on the scully house after the fire.

anonacfr Mon 19-Sep-11 16:48:03

Jim's a random builder who's suddenly become Susan's soulmate...hmm

beachholiday Mon 19-Sep-11 20:46:22

They had that problem just off the fire at the scully's, daenery. I was fascinated watching how they would manage with multiple casualties and one hospital room. But they just used the same room in successive scenes and alternated Andrew/Tash/her dad in the bed.

And let Summer run around in a gown in the reception/nurses station/staffroom desk bit so they could do the "Urgent Wheeling of Deteriorating Patient to Theatre" cliffhanger scene, past her. Couldn't miss that bit out. I beleive its in Dr Karl's contract now.

AlfieandAnnieRose Fri 23-Sep-11 10:34:08

Why do all the guys fancy shiny face Kate? The policeman (forgot his name) the hot doctor, Kyle and now Sophie's slimy friend Noah has his eye on her!

slapshead Fri 23-Sep-11 16:36:48

I have to agree but I won't stop watching either.

I have really enjoyed the Karl/Susan/Jim storyline. So damn poignant, it has been great compared to the usual crap. Susan has behaved so badly, having an EA right in front of Karl's face. And yet she has something of an excuse because of Alex's death. Ooh, it's like Shakespeare.

The rest of it is rubbish. Why, as with loony housemate Michelle, do they always have to bring in someone unhinged? I never meet people that mad in real life.

vmcd28 Sun 25-Sep-11 15:39:41

What's an EA moment?
I didnt mind the Jim/Susan storyline, even tho it was all a bit silly. BUT the scene where he died, I found it really emotional and poignant. And why is Rhys having flashbacks to it all? Is there a back story waiting to happen here? Or was it simply his first death while being a doctor?
And the whooshing water that Michael and Tash are hearing.... OOOOOH, dramatic stuff. ;-)

TipOfTheSlung Sun 25-Sep-11 15:44:42

EA- Emotional affair
Don't think the affair was with Jim though, more Jims cancer

So they need to fill the hospital bed. Whos up next?

It can't have been Rhys first death hes too high up for that.

Michael and Tash is obvious, the mum drowned. I think M went in to save T and her mum and could only save Tash

vmcd28 Sun 25-Sep-11 16:05:35

Yes, I guessed about Tash's mum drowning, but wondered what the "there's more to this than meets the eye" part might be. I think you're right tho - he could only save her.
Re Rhys - it doesnt matter how high up he is! This is Neighbours - being realistic is NOT the aim!

MigratingCoconuts Sun 25-Sep-11 17:25:46

I'm glad its not just me who used to wonder where all the bedrooms were!!

They need two families in the street to get it together so that a new family can move in...

(I'd forgotten the Timmins crew!! Thats what we need!!!)

scrappydappydoo Sun 25-Sep-11 19:55:03

But I don't understand - surely Tash would know how her mum died?? unless thats the big secret.. oh dear I really need a life!

beachholiday Mon 26-Sep-11 20:22:47

Perhaps Tash developed amnesia from being swept out to sea? Like Harold did?

TipOfTheSlung Tue 27-Sep-11 08:54:01

I reckon she was very young and Mike has never told her

BillBrysonsRucksack Wed 28-Sep-11 19:48:41

I was wondering if maybe Tash's mum had tried to drown her - who could blame her? grin

Also, slightly off topic, where the hell is Libby? One minute she's after Michael's job then the next she disappears.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now