Talk

Advanced search

Waterloo Road back to its craziness

(19 Posts)
javo Thu 15-Sep-11 12:52:07

Watched episode 1 of the new series last night and not one mention of where Karen Fisher and her pregnant DD and the caretaker/new teacher bloke from various ITV and fishing shows had gone. Last we saw she was vowing to stay and keep fighting. Since the BBC knew Amanda Burton was leaving before filmimg finished on the last series could they not have done a round up scene or even had Tom mention what had occurred ? Very annoying!!!

silkenladder Thu 15-Sep-11 21:39:23

Not just me, then. I thought I hadn't been concentrating at the end of the last series confused.

2blessed2bstressed Fri 16-Sep-11 11:18:26

grin so glad you posted this....spent first ten minutes wondering what the hell was going on, felt sure I must've managed to miss an episode somewhere

WhatWouldLeoDo Fri 16-Sep-11 21:32:13

It's the same every year. Why they can't even write in a conversation explaining where people have gone I don't know. And would teachers really not meet the new headmaster until the first day of teaching? And what has Tom done to his hair?

MintChocAddict Fri 16-Sep-11 21:34:42

I missed it.
It's going to get weirder. Apparently the next series will see the school uprooting to Scotland to become an independent school after being forced out of Rochdale or something! hmm

beachholiday Fri 16-Sep-11 21:37:28

That is quite a commute. And would seem to raise significant issues about Catchment area.

MintChocAddict Fri 16-Sep-11 21:41:16

grin

KurriKurri Fri 16-Sep-11 22:14:18

Its very weird, where's Chris run off to? - is he living with Karen Fisher, Rob the caretaker-who-never-did-any-caretaking, and their baby making teenagers?

The no doors joke/theme wore thin very quickly.

Glad its back though grin

carernotasaint Fri 16-Sep-11 22:56:44

The grumpy teacher (name of Grantley i think) sooo reminds me of my old R E teacher Mr Johnson in looks personality etc. I get flashbacks every time i watch it lol.

Halbanoo Fri 16-Sep-11 22:58:05

I missed the last few episodes before the break, so I'm completely and utterly lost. What happened to the pregnant ones?

And what the hell did Janeece do to herself? She's way too young for a plastic surgery addiction isn't she?

simpson Fri 16-Sep-11 23:00:09

PMSL at moving to Scotland and catchment areas grin grin

Have to confess I still watch it obviously but don't like it as much as I used to.

Glad the old drama teacher is back though, Mr Wilding...

dearprudence Fri 16-Sep-11 23:01:51

It's back? And I missed it? Shite.

Right, cup of tea and off to bed with laptop to watch it on iPlayer right now. I did hear about the moving to Scotland thing. Sounds very peculiar.

simpson Fri 16-Sep-11 23:05:09

Thing was I went on WR website a few days before new series started <<saddo>> as I remember it was this time last yr that the series started again.

And it did not say anything about it being on hmm

Only found out by chance when I was scrolling through the weeks viewing sky +ing corrie

MigratingCoconuts Sat 17-Sep-11 08:24:57

my PIL once asked me in worried tones about my teaching job because they thought Waterloo road must be based in some sort of fact....grin

WhatWouldLeoDo Sat 17-Sep-11 09:39:09

Didn't Chris announce at the end of the last series that he was giving up teaching?

Hadn't seen that they're moving to Scotland. Will they be taking all the kids with them in an attempt to satisfy residency criteria to qualify for free tuition fees?

Santac Sat 17-Sep-11 09:55:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhatWouldLeoDo Sat 17-Sep-11 10:10:27

I love it too. DH works in education and complains constantly when it's on but I think he secretly loves it grin

upatdawn Sat 17-Sep-11 18:10:35

I'm with everyone else in wondering where the whole Fisher family have gone to hmm

Also I'm a bit confused as to why Ronan and Vicky are still there - didn't they do there A levels last series?

WhatWouldLeoDo Sat 17-Sep-11 19:50:42

I wondered about Ronan and Vicky too - but they had that whole cheating thing last series so I guess that they're doing re-sits?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now