Talk

Advanced search

Trophy Kids More4

(9 Posts)
MollieO Sun 11-Sep-11 22:26:25

Watching this open-mouthed. Just horrific 'parenting'.

MollieO Sun 11-Sep-11 22:38:44

Can't believe I'm the only one watching this.

Lulabel27 Sun 11-Sep-11 22:55:09

I'm watching too, open mouthed... These children are under so much pressure to live up to their parents expectations and not "waste their parents investment". The poor tennis girl couldn't say anything right :-(

MollieO Sun 11-Sep-11 23:00:02

It's sad isn't it? I'm told ds is an extremely talented golfer. Great if he wants to play professionally but I'll leave it to him to decide rather than take him out of school hmm

simpson Sun 11-Sep-11 23:12:10

just started watching this on more4 +1.

Am totally shock at the pressure these poor kids are under.

Also totally shock at the way Lee's parents (ok just the dad) talk about money, how much he will be worth etc, like its definately going to happen. He will have this car, boat etc...

How will he feel like, if he does not perform? Poor kid sad

Lulabel27 Sun 11-Sep-11 23:19:54

And he goes to the bookies and places bets on him...?! That poor child is under so much pressure I won't be surprised f he chucks his clubs at his dad and never picks them up again by the age of 16...

simpson Sun 11-Sep-11 23:22:35

sad that he cannot even go out of the house by himself as he is too valuable....

MollieO Sun 11-Sep-11 23:23:32

They ask that question at the end and Lee's dad says he can't believe Lee would give up the opportunity to be rich. I reckon if you asked any world class sportsman what motivated them to take up the sport money wouldn't feature very high on the list. The commitment long term is too grate and I don't think Lee's parents understand that.

MollieO Sun 11-Sep-11 23:24:42

Great not grate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now