Talk

Advanced search

Wow - Horizon, morality and the 'warrior gene'

(4 Posts)
hmc Wed 07-Sep-11 23:07:12

Just how fascinating was that programme? Don't tell me I am the only one who has googled self diagnostic pyschopath tests on the internet since watching it (I got the all clear grin)

meditrina Wed 07-Sep-11 23:14:03

I saw the second half - very interesting!

A classic example of the interplay between nature (the gene and brain patterns) and nurture (you can have these traits but function normally unless there is a precipitating factor - only childhood abuse mentioned, but that left me wondering if there could be others).

hmc Thu 08-Sep-11 10:17:40

I do wonder if there should be screening for the 'warrior' gene to ensure that appropriate support is offered to vulnerable people

pipkin35 Thu 08-Sep-11 12:31:04

Thought it was interesting but loads seemed wrong with it? The toddlers prefering a puppet for example...I mean, the puppets had different coloured t-shirts on etc...so how could that be as conculsive as they were suggesting?

As for the pyschopaths being the heads of large business organisations - god, ain't that the truth! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now