Talk

Advanced search

Corrie goes from fab to drab

(23 Posts)
kitya Wed 07-Sep-11 13:31:21

Ive been away and I was so looking forward to catching up. I got as far as the bloke been locked in the fridge and ended up fast forwarding the next 4 episodes. Bloody Fizz, when is it going to end?

teamnomistake Wed 07-Sep-11 14:54:40

What I fail to understand is why Fiz doesn't just say "Hang on, there's no way I could have killed Charlotte, I was giving birth to a premature baby with lots of witnesses." Are we all supposed to have forgotten that?

kitya Wed 07-Sep-11 16:18:33

Its really gettin on my tits nerves. And bloody Carlas drinking too. I really used to like her as well. Is it just me or, does she look older than that bloke shes engaged to?

inchoccyheaven Thu 08-Sep-11 09:54:10

team I had forgotten that! She must have amnesia as well then grin

whatkungfuthat Thu 08-Sep-11 16:13:24

How long before Stape comes back and takes the blame? Fiz will still be guilty over the money and helping move the body but perhaps she'll get out after they take into account time already served? I'm glad Tyrone is getting some action though.

kitya Thu 08-Sep-11 22:32:55

I love Tyrone.

meditrina Thu 08-Sep-11 22:46:56

Stape will come back dramatically mid trial of course!

I thought Fiz went into labour during the tram night? Time of Charlotte's death can't have been that closely fixed can it? Maybe that thought Fiz did it then went into precipitate labour? Or have I completely misremembered?

BTW: did Cheryl actually go with Chris in the end to any of his medical appointments? Were any shown? (ie - is he making the whole illness up, or is he capitalising on it now creepily, or is his latest behaviour a probable part of the illness?)

kitya Thu 08-Sep-11 23:07:44

No, its proper. She went to an early appointment with him. I think they both run off together. Does the bf of Shaun ever go to work?

Zacsbird Fri 09-Sep-11 01:35:57

I have to agree that Corrie has been spectacularly crap lately. Particuarly this week. The writing has been so lazy, I mean seriously, a CAR crash, just 9 months after the TRAM crash. And do we care if Stella lives or dies? If she and Leanne make up? No thought not, what a load of old tosh.

I'm almost excited at the thougt of Stape coming back, at least he had some personality and had a point to the story.

meditrina Fri 09-Sep-11 09:05:50

Corrie has gone off badly.

I can't stand either Tracey or the inaccurate plot line that got her out (her defence at original trial did not dispute the forensics, no grounds for appeal!)

I quite liked reformed/maternal Becky, but the cardboard roaring monster she's been turned into is no good at all. Pity.

I'm just not interested in Carla, never have been.

And Tyrone's quip in the garage about not saying who this new woman is "in case anyone goes 'jogging' with her" was just dreadful - less than a year since Molly died, since the separation from baby Jack - and it's become a subject for banter?

Everything is too sudden, and not rooted properly in the back story. Even Gail's become changeable GRRRRRR!

I do still like the older characters - I'm a bit concerned that Roy's mother might be used too much in these silly, precipitate story lines, and I think Dennis is underused. BTW: I count Mary as an older character - but does anyone know how old she's meant to be?

Up until a couple of weeks ago I thought it was picking up again, the storylines with Audrey, Marc and Kylie were well played out, Sylvia was becoming a real gem, we hadn't seen much of Dev for ages, the Fiz storyline (although utterly ridiculous in the first place) was being played well, Owen and Anna were being drawn together.

But the Chris storyline is crap, the drug dealer in the fridge was ludicrous, the Platts have gone back to their usual tedium, the Carla accident is also ludicrous, there's just no way she should have got engaged to Frank, it's all gone horribly wrong again.

I was also enjoying the Julie getting back with her man storyline. I think Mary is supposed to be 40ish?

More of Mary, Norris, Sylvia,Emily, Dennis, Rita, Tyrone, Roy and Hayley maybe Audrey if she could be separated from the rest of her family, Peter and Leanne ditto.

Less of Shaun and Marcus, Platts, Stella and Carl, Tommy, Maria, Becky, Carla and Frank, Dev and Sunita

Oh yes, and Tina getting together with Dr Carter (who is a bit of a nonentity) seems very far fetched too

Littlehet Fri 09-Sep-11 09:36:39

I feel all these storylines need to end , this fizz business has gone on for to long, while they have totally forgotton about 'stape' the person who actually did it.

Carla storyline just seems to be going round in circles , she's drinking then she isn't then she is. And now the accident.

I find myself recording them on sky and then fast forwarding them if not just simply deleteing them

ladyintheradiator Fri 09-Sep-11 09:43:08

Corrie's been going further and further downhill for ages. Fizz used to be strong, funny and smart - I don't buy that her character would have fallen for John nevermind bought all the bullshit he fed her (and the rest). The Becky and Steve stuff... snore yawn, and Kylie and David - oh do fuck off. In fact David's last five years are just ridiculous. Maria and Shaun and their baybees, ridiculous Marcus and his Amazing Eyebrows, Gail, Tina, yawn yawn yawn.

Agree totally with WhoKnows - the list of good characters just about keep it from being TOTALLY shite but it's heading that way.

ExitPursuedByATroll Fri 09-Sep-11 10:35:07

The acting has been dreadful this week. Maybe it is the crap storylines. but it reminds me of Crossroads shock.

kitya Sat 10-Sep-11 14:21:04

Im glad Im not the only one thinking this. How come two weeks ago we were saying how great it had got? How we laughed out loud? Overnight its taken a turn for the worse.

I cant stand Frank. Carla would never have looked twice at him. Whats with Sally and Kev then are they together or not?

Nancy66 Sat 10-Sep-11 16:29:02

I hate the way Corrie introduces a character as one thing and then totally forgets about it.

ie. Chris was nasty, wife-beating thug. Now he's a loving father and romantic

Becky was thieving, druggie low-life - now she's a saint

Yes, and Owen is heading the same way.

lilyliz Sun 11-Sep-11 01:35:56

I think Stape must have escaped from the mental hospital and murdered Rosie,she moved into Eileens house and has never been seen since.Agree it has got worse I used to never miss it now I couldn't care less if I never watched again.

gregssausageroll Sun 11-Sep-11 14:58:33

Rosie has been on a 3 month holiday. She took some time out.

The Carla/Frank story concludes towards their wedding when he rapes her I read.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 11-Sep-11 15:01:50

Frank is going to attack another character and that is why Carla finishes with him.

meditrina Sun 11-Sep-11 15:08:30

I've read about the possibility of a rape storyline. And have been concerned that part of the purpose of the recent story lines is to obfuscate intent.

I hope that, having used the "was it attempted rape?" storyline so badly with Maria, they would not go onto such sensitive ground again until they have sorted out the serious and sadly enduring weaknesses with their current storyline standards and writing.

carocaro Sun 11-Sep-11 19:36:24

I gave up on it yonks ago, when that factory brother had the dire dire dire Northern accent. Bobbins as Gail would say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now