Talk

Advanced search

Young, dumb and living off mum - has anyone else caught this?

(21 Posts)
upatdawn Tue 06-Sep-11 22:30:18

Has anyone caught this show? Me and my 20 year old DS watched this together a couple of nights ago and were shocked - there was a 19 year old who didn't know what obedient meant! What are other people's opinions on it?

Sharpkat Tue 06-Sep-11 22:44:21

I love it just because it is so shocking grin One of them would not even flush the loo at home as she was too lazy blush. It makes me laugh but I do worry about teenagers today who only know how to make toast and not wash their own clothes angry

2shoes Tue 06-Sep-11 22:46:55

I have just been told that i used to work with one of the mums.
pmsl she was so up herself

zukiecat Wed 07-Sep-11 15:22:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CrosswordAddict Wed 07-Sep-11 16:26:06

DD2 and I watched an episode where they had to work in a pop-up restaurant. Not sure whether it was a repeat. What an eye-opener! Those kids were a nightmare!

juneybean Wed 07-Sep-11 16:29:28

I was pissing myself laughing at them trying to hoover those bloody balls the other night

zukiecat Wed 07-Sep-11 16:34:37

upatdawn Wed 07-Sep-11 21:26:06

Just saw a repeat of the pop-up restaurant one - how has Ryan not gone yet?!

zukiecat Thu 08-Sep-11 08:54:31

inchoccyheaven Thu 08-Sep-11 09:52:21

I've been watching it on iplayer and I am amazed that people actually treat their kids like that and then wonder why they are spoilt brats with attitudes that are so appalling. I bet as soon as they go back home they get their own way again.

I think it should be the worse ones should be made to stay in to the end not the worse ones come out. They might stand a chance then of actually becoming reasonable human beings.

To not care that you would put a parent into debt because you want want want all the time ( although that is the parents fault in first place) or take advantage of a disabled parent is just disgusting.

discobeaver Fri 09-Sep-11 21:28:48

This is the second series - if you can find the first one the kids are definitely worse!
What sort of parent actually flushes the toilet of a perfectly capable teenager? One who doesn't want them to ever grow up I think, it's infantilising ( sp? ) behaviour isn't it?
But yes, first series I think they were worse, one princess got booted out and her dad then said he would buy her a brand new Polo, but she said she wanted a Range Rover instead.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Sat 10-Sep-11 08:47:35

I keep forgetting it's on. Me and DD have watched several episodes with our mouths open. She is pretty indulged TBH (PFB only child) and I"ve warned her she could turn out like that.
I quite like Gracie, she is the best of a bad bunch.

zukiecat Sat 10-Sep-11 12:52:35

upatdawn Sun 11-Sep-11 12:49:12

At the moment I am struggling to see who will win!

zukiecat Sun 11-Sep-11 13:12:49

zukiecat Sun 11-Sep-11 21:26:02

upatdawn Sun 11-Sep-11 22:14:00

Is it just me who thinks Ruby-Jo is really quite sweet? Obviously lack of toilet flushing aside..

CrackerFactory Sun 11-Sep-11 22:20:04

Its hilarious, great car crash tv. None of them deserve to win and frankly I can't see any of them enjoying the prize, which so many other teens would love. They are not travelling round the world types, more stay at home in comfort. Did u see the episode where they kicked out the only kid being half way decent because he had nothing to learn from the house - shocking.

IMO though the parents are worse than the kids and they can't hack it when the other parents criticise their precious babes. So funny!

zukiecat Mon 12-Sep-11 11:31:10

Fatshionista Mon 12-Sep-11 11:37:28

I love this. I was a 'bad teenager' but, my God, I was never like this. At 19 I was pregnant, supporting myself and living alone and I had to grow up. I doubt these people will grow up as soon as one wins they go back to their houses with a want for change but not enough drive to make it happen.

<<pessimist>>

zukiecat Mon 19-Sep-11 13:24:57

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now