Talk

Advanced search

Come on, there MUST be some childrens TV you enjoy, nay, actually love???

(71 Posts)
Becaroooo Sat 03-Sep-11 20:21:31

..it cant just be me!!

Just been watching "Penguins of madagascar" with ds1 and, honestly, I think I enjoy it more than him!!

Skipper: "That what manfredi and johansen said and we buried what was left of them with a teaspoon" (said in a william shatner voice) grin

LOVE "horrible histories" and "deadly 60" too.

And for some reason the episode of "pingu" with the green crab has me squealing with laughter blush

What are your faves???

SandStorm Sat 03-Sep-11 20:24:16

I actually prefer a lot of children's TV to the adult stuff. I love Horrible Histories, MI High and The Sarah Jane Adventures. I also thing British comedy could learn a lot from Sorry I've Lost My Head.

babycham42 Sat 03-Sep-11 20:26:50

Horrid Henry.Dennis and Gnasher.Little Princess and Peppa Pig.
Love "em!

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 03-Sep-11 21:22:36

Pingu is my absolute favourite. Love it!!

orienteerer Sat 03-Sep-11 21:23:21

Horrible Histories

Panzee Sat 03-Sep-11 21:23:46

Horrible Histories, Sorry I've Got No Head (that clown sketch is terrifying!), and have been known to watch Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom sans child. blush.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 03-Sep-11 21:23:57

oooh ooh and Rah! I love it!! (think that is what it is called!)

bibbitybobbityhat Sat 03-Sep-11 21:24:55

Pingu - and that's about it.

I bloody loved The Muppet Show. Why can't they repeat that?

EsmeWeatherwax Sat 03-Sep-11 21:26:24

Ben and Holly are fab, especially the undercurrent of sarcastic rivalry between Nanny Plum and the Wise Old Elf. "Silly old elf, back to yourself!"

I like Gigglebiz too. And ITNG. It's sweet!

Tigerinmysoup Sat 03-Sep-11 21:30:40

I love Postman Pat for reasons that I cannot explain.... My DS gets bored after 2 minutes and I am left to watch it by myself.....

KnitSwit Sat 03-Sep-11 21:31:32

Ben and Holly, Horrible Histories, Octonaughts.

ttalloo Sat 03-Sep-11 21:32:45

I love Gigglebiz too!

And Baby Jake and the one about Timmy the lamb.

We haven't made it past cBeebies yet.....

bodiddly Sat 03-Sep-11 21:34:06

Deadly 60!

MavisGrind Sat 03-Sep-11 21:37:18

Another vote for Horrible Histories. I must admit the last couple of weeks I have insisted the tv is on for Aleesha's Street Dance Stars blush - dc's not interested at all. Such talented kids old gimmer

prettyfly1 Sat 03-Sep-11 21:37:42

I caught myself being utterly fascinated by Nina and the Neurons today and Baby Jake is a family favourite.

ChristinedePizan Sat 03-Sep-11 21:38:07

Octonauts. I hate pretty much everything else grin

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 03-Sep-11 21:39:10

Peppa Pig, Dip Dap, Pingu. My mother watches Ben and Holly and Tinga Tales!

shuckleberryfinn Sat 03-Sep-11 21:39:21

I get that mesmerised thing with Something Special. In my early twenties I was obsessed with Lilo and Stitch (admittedly I was a bit of a stoner).

babycham42 Sat 03-Sep-11 21:39:26

Oh and Grisly Tales for Gruesome Kids.

Georgimama Sat 03-Sep-11 21:41:14

I enjoy In The Night Garden to a ridiculous degree although I would imagine if I watched it after a glass of wine the pathos of Iggle Piggle's situation would reduce me to tears.

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Sat 03-Sep-11 21:43:20

Has to be Horrible Histories. Not that that counts, as it's CLEARLY not a kids' programme grin

>>heads off to youtube to watch the Dick Turpin song again<<

Lilyloo Sat 03-Sep-11 21:43:32

I find Horrible histories very entertaining and can also tolerate peppa and ben and holly but can't say i love any of them tbh

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Sat 03-Sep-11 21:44:24

Ben and holly. Love it. Could do with some new episodes to watch now though...

RedHotPokers Sat 03-Sep-11 21:45:40

Hannah's Helpline (Moo Baa Double Quack Double Quack) and BottleTop Bill and his Best Friend Corky (which reminds me of 80s childrens telly - love the theme tune!). They are both on Milkshake (C5) on the weekend, and we all watch them in bed!

DreamingAboutSleep Sat 03-Sep-11 21:45:57

I love Ben and Holly, especially Nanny Plum and Charlie & Lola. I'm looking forward to them getting a bit older and moving on up to Horrible Histories as I've watched it a couple of times with my nephews and really liked it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now