Talk

Advanced search

Why is Mal Kennedy back in Neighbours?

(20 Posts)
SESthebrave Thu 01-Sep-11 13:54:44

What's the back story and what is going to happen? I don't quite get it!

countydurhamlass Thu 01-Sep-11 15:24:37

he is supposed to have had a conversation on the phone will libby who has said to him that she is worried for susan and karl as they are arguing etc and thinks they may split up. he is back to try and sort their problems out. but really its probably just the actor has been out of work and its easy money lol!

AlfieandAnnieRose Thu 01-Sep-11 21:02:52

I think it's nice when family members come back, makes it seem more realistic don't you think?! And also nice to see old characters returning even for a short while.

SESthebrave Thu 01-Sep-11 21:21:40

I agree it's nice when family members come back but it would be good if they gave a better context! Surely Mal would think "Mum & Dad going through a rough patch again? That's just normal!"

ChablisLover Thu 01-Sep-11 22:37:51

Mal Kennedy is back?

Same actor?

Used to think he was quite hot in my younger days!

AlfieandAnnieRose Fri 02-Sep-11 16:21:10

Yes same actor. He looks like he needs a good haircut though, it's a bit shaggy! Ive completely forgotten the reason he left when he was on permanently.

LilBB Fri 02-Sep-11 18:07:26

The actress who plays Libby went out if it quite suddenly due to real life illness. I assume they brought Mal back to fill her place.

SESthebrave Fri 02-Sep-11 20:35:12

Oh I didn't realise that was why Libby was out of Erinsborough at the moment. Is it anything serious?

Islagiatt Fri 02-Sep-11 20:50:18

Well...... I read that Libby in rl was seeing Rebecca's (remember Pauls' wrap dress wearing wife) ex and there was a bit of an 'atmosphere' on set. Hence the sudden move to Portugal for Rebecca's character - as Libby was seen as the 'star' and then because of all the hassle and Australian slab kerfuffle she then wanted a break, but is due back soon.

< realises takes Neighbours far too seriously and know far too much>
<<however if Karl and Susan ever did split up would take it very badly and probably more so than own parents divorcing>>

Islagiatt Fri 02-Sep-11 20:51:45

*sleb not slab

<too upset at potential Karl/Susan tragedy to spell correctly>

SESthebrave Fri 02-Sep-11 20:57:18

Oh yes - I'd forgotten that but I do remember reading something about Libby seeing Rebecca's ex (RL of course!)
I used to really like Libby but she's been really annoying recently. Hope she comes back with a better storyline / sense of humour!

beachholiday Fri 02-Sep-11 21:02:19

Because Billy is busy in "House."

Mal left to be with girlfriend (Katherine?) in London, I think. Any mention of where she's gone?

BluddyMoFo Fri 02-Sep-11 21:06:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Coca Fri 02-Sep-11 21:08:57

Was Katherine not the sister of Sarah? Karl's bit on the side?
Don't even joke about Karl and Susan splitting up, I couldn't cope grin

beachholiday Fri 02-Sep-11 21:16:34

I had to look that up Coca - they were indeed half-sisters. Completely forgotten that.

Coca Fri 02-Sep-11 21:19:09

awkward grin

Skillbo Sat 03-Sep-11 23:10:46

Sorry to hijack but I do hate Susan - so interfering and meddling and such a busy body... grrrr, she makes me angry

AlfieandAnnieRose Sun 04-Sep-11 10:57:32

I find it annoying that she can't seem to comprehend or consider how Karl must feel when she keeps chasing after Jim, cancelling their plans even their holiday to go and be with someone she has only known for a very short time. Poor Karl just wants to go to Peru!

MigratingCoconuts Sun 04-Sep-11 17:23:58

the whole story line is a huge switch off tbh...who cares??!!

I asked on a recent thread about Libby because she did come back and then left again quite suddenly.

Someone on here said it was something to do with libby's ex taking their child into some christian cult thingy.

qwepoi Mon 05-Sep-11 08:34:16

I'm having to sky+ neighbs atm and fast forward through all Karl/Susan/Jim bits, it's too depressing and dull and not what I watch neighbours for!! Is also highly unconvincing and weird that she hasn't made any ref to Zeke's father and understanding why she's upsetting Karl. Unless that was in fast fwd bits.

V impressed with everybody's speedy recovery from Brennan's death / dissapearance though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now