Talk

Advanced search

Page Eight - the first five minutes

(14 Posts)
Mummagumma Sun 28-Aug-11 21:25:27

I forgot to set the box recorder thing! Can anyone tell me whether I missed anything vital? When I turned on Nighy and Weiss were sitting on a sofa, talking. Recording now.

thenightsky Sun 28-Aug-11 21:26:40

thats the beginning... she met him in corridor as she put out rubbish... then it jumped to him in her flat.

thenightsky Sun 28-Aug-11 21:27:54

oh bollux... just realised i'm watching on catch up so am also behind by 25 mins... ignore what i just said

Mummagumma Sun 28-Aug-11 21:31:02

So if you're behind by 25 mins, that was the beginning that you're watching now - I think...?!

thenightsky Sun 28-Aug-11 21:33:09

he made her aquaintance in corrioder... next shot them having drink in her flat... then he was in office with his boss, Michael Gambon character.

summat about being in middle east

then i lost a bit coz i went to open wine [grin

now i'm in same place you are (daughter artist convo)

MollieO Sun 28-Aug-11 21:35:40

I'm wondering if this is yet another tv play with Bill Nighy where I won't have a clue what is going on. confused

thenightsky Sun 28-Aug-11 21:36:22

and bollocking slow internet... meant to say Angela is political activist who is being investigated by Nighty's dept. Her son appears to be involved with Nighty's daughter.

Mummagumma Sun 28-Aug-11 21:38:58

Cool, that's great, thank you! Haven't started watching yet - I only pushed the record button after 5 mins had elapsed and then turned it off to finish faffing around. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some vitally-important-to-the-plot opening scene, that I would have been lost for not having seen. Am going to settle down with it now; thank you so much!

Conkertree Sun 28-Aug-11 21:39:10

There was a bit in a restaurant where he met a journalist friend to ask about the Rachel WeiSs character, and found out she was born in Damascus and her family of activists of some type.

He also went to an art exhibition that his daughter was doing, and the exhibits were all of people who looked dead.

thenightsky Sun 28-Aug-11 21:41:19

am finding it quite funny and witty actually

sonearsofar Sun 28-Aug-11 22:06:58

I've given up - found Bill Nighy's performance very mannered and annoying.

MollieO Sun 28-Aug-11 22:49:15

Bill Nighy is the same in everything he does, which doesn't make it easier to follow what is going on. I was left wondering how he could just walk through security with £60,000 in a carrier bag.

diddl Mon 29-Aug-11 10:31:36

Forgot to watch or recoerd.

Was it part one in a series?

MollieO Mon 29-Aug-11 10:53:06

No it was a one-off film. You didn't miss much. I assume it is available on Iplayer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now