Talk

Advanced search

Are you watching 'Only Connect'? TV that doesn't turn your brains to jelly

(8 Posts)
Abecedarium Sun 28-Aug-11 09:32:05

I know it's already been on a couple of weeks, but nobody seems to have mentioned it. I do enjoy Victoria Coren's sardonic style too.

AuntieMonica Sun 28-Aug-11 09:35:40

it's our 'brainy hour' of the week

university challenge on BBC2 then quick switch to BBC4 straight after for 'Only Connect'. there is usually lots of shouting at TV on the 'wall' bit!

Abecedarium Sun 28-Aug-11 09:43:05

My husband cannot abide UC, can't say I mind it, so I'm afraid we watch a bit of Jeeves & Wooster (for the upteen-millionth time) on ITV3. The constant reclining chair adverts make it clear to me just how hip'n'trendy I'm not. Anyhow, we swiftly turn over lest Victoria tell us off for being late.

notcitrus Sun 28-Aug-11 10:50:29

We love OC in this house - Victoria Coren was a bit annoying when she first started but she's pretty much got the hang of the dry humour now.
Have you played the Connecting Walls on the website? I spent a week or so addicted to that site and did the lot! (about a 1 in 3 success rate)

Acekicker Sun 28-Aug-11 11:08:23

I love OC and have also wasted hours playing the walls on the website. I have a love/hate relationship with the missing vowels round - sometimes it seems incredibly easy and other times it's impossible. I do think it distorts the results terribly sometimes.

Lowering the tone somewhat...can I just say...

...I do have to fight the urge to want hoik VC's bra straps up though from time to time when watching it and have a desperate desire to sort her wardrobe out - straight necklines are not a good look and make her look like she has a bosom rather than the splendid decolletage she deserves...

mycatsaysach Sun 28-Aug-11 11:09:36

yy love the monday brainy hour

Abecedarium Sun 28-Aug-11 11:42:04

Agree about the missing vowels round, it annoys me if it makes the 'wrong' team win. And yes, I do try the connecting walls on the web. But with the sound off.

diddl Wed 31-Aug-11 15:04:16

Just seen this thread.

I love OC & think that VC is great.

Can never tell if she´s serious or not-guess that´s why she´s a good poker player!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now