Talk

Advanced search

Marcia

(17 Posts)
PigeonPair Fri 26-Aug-11 21:05:37

Anyone else think that scene with all the women in the Rovers after Marcia'a unveiling was hysterical - particularly when Sally was saying Kevin would wear something "tarty". I have to say, it made me laugh out loud!!

stleger Fri 26-Aug-11 21:19:31

I don't think I really understood 'eyes out on stalks' until that moment. I hope Audrey and Mark can smooth things out. (Even though I remember him as the dishy son in Butterflies).

Toobluntforboss Fri 26-Aug-11 21:20:42

Agreed Pigeon, thought it was hilarious!

thenightsky Fri 26-Aug-11 21:20:59

Corrie has redeemed itself in recent days as its comedy aspect reappears.

2cats2many Fri 26-Aug-11 21:21:12

@stleger- Oh Yes!! I KNEW he looked familiar. Thanks for solving that mystery for me.

stleger Fri 26-Aug-11 21:30:36

(I loved Butterflies). I'd leave Fizz in prison and pretend all that murder stuff never happened.

PigeonPair Fri 26-Aug-11 21:34:23

Also when Mary asked if any thought they had "done it" while Mark was dressed as Marcia!

stleger Fri 26-Aug-11 21:41:17

And the handsome doctor is getting a bit more action, even if it is with Tina! I miss Ashley and Clur from the big clearout last year.

theliverpoolone Fri 26-Aug-11 23:14:12

I think that's probably Marc out of it now. I was disappointed in Audrey - after she'd been so supportive of him up to now, then she dumps him and effectively lets Kylie win. Hope she doesnt give her her job back too!

sunshinelifeisgood Fri 26-Aug-11 23:28:54

I was watching it and must admit had a little chuckle, thought it was a bit cringy with Gail in Audrey's face. (shudder)

Monadami Sat 27-Aug-11 03:03:16

It was hysterical. Mary actually believing Marcia was going to a fancy dress party and the reactions of all the other ladies. Gail's horror at the thought of her Mother going on the bus with a Transvestite, it was all rather comical. I guess true to life too, many women might settle for it in the confines of their own home, but another matter for friends and family to know.

PigeonPair Sat 27-Aug-11 13:02:08

I do find Mark a bit creepy though (in Mark Mode). That voice is so weird!

alemci Sat 27-Aug-11 13:38:01

it was cringey. His voice is weird but I used to love him in butterflies. Nicholas Lyndhurst went on to do greater things but he kind of disappeared for years. he was also in Eastenders quite recently.

I was glad though that Audrey wouldn't give in to Kylie.

CrosswordAddict Mon 29-Aug-11 08:13:47

We find it creepy and cringe-making. The DDs (13) are just curious about transvestites and ask all kinds of questions (like Mary!) Usually they are questions I can't answer as I don't know much about TV's. confusedI suppose it takes all sorts to make a world - that's what I'm telling DDs at the moment anyway. Trying to be tolerant and teach them to be same but find it a bit of an intrusion into a good programme tbh.

planetpotty Mon 29-Aug-11 08:31:19

How does corrie manage to do it? Sooooo funny yet also taking on difficult issues and doing it well.

Hope Audrey gets back with him such a good story line!

Gails carachter completely winds me up - nearly as much as that bloody Ian Sqeal Beale in Eastenders!!

traceybeaker Mon 29-Aug-11 18:15:30

I don't think they are doing it well they are making a joke out of it all.

CrosswordAddict Mon 29-Aug-11 18:28:24

I agree with you traceybeaker it kind of brings it all into disrepute and makes these guys a laughing stock. Seems wrong somehow and I can't explain why.confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now