Talk

Advanced search

Housewives of New York

(618 Posts)
cheekeymonkey Fri 26-Aug-11 16:09:53

Is it me or is there something a bit unsettling about Ramona?

JamieOliveOil Fri 26-Aug-11 17:00:43

I agree and Alex and her Husband Simon make me feel sick. He is so gross grin

PigeonPair Fri 26-Aug-11 21:06:53

Is Alex the woman with the twins? Her husband is so camp!!

CarrieOakey Fri 26-Aug-11 21:09:19

Ramona is bonkers!! Which one is Alex? I quite like the Countess but it's not as good as the OC wives - not yet anyway grin

thenightsky Fri 26-Aug-11 21:22:06

No way as weird as the OC wives.

ghostofstalbans Fri 26-Aug-11 21:23:58

the english bloke with his son francois is a loon

CarrieOakey Fri 26-Aug-11 21:25:18

I find him a bit creepy ghost

PigeonPair Fri 26-Aug-11 21:35:23

I think he is Australian isn't he?

cheekeymonkey Sat 27-Aug-11 10:23:57

I think his wife may be a 'fag hag'

smartyparts Sat 27-Aug-11 21:30:45

I am pining for the OC housewives which I had on series link, but I think I could get into this.

What a bunch of weirdies!

Having been in US recently, I saw that Bethenny (she of the 50p face) has her own spin off show.

cheekeymonkey Sun 28-Aug-11 19:45:59

I pine too for the OC, I don't think the NY women have the depth of personality to make them interesting

lettinggo Mon 29-Aug-11 00:48:24

Just you wait, 'Enry 'Iggins, just you wait....

I've watched this and the next series of NY and it's really worth watching. The countess<boak> is utterly repulsive, she's so far up her own bum it's ridiculous. Csn't stand people who have notions about themselves.

And Jill runs with the hare and the hound.

Betheny's the most grounded of the lot, she's super smart.

O keep watching cos it's great!

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 29-Aug-11 22:13:34

Right, I love the Beverly Hills one so I'm going to record the NY one on ITV2 when I'm at work tomorrow.

muffintop Wed 31-Aug-11 12:48:51

Also on Bio channel on Sky is Housewives of Miami - its on a Tuesday night but repeated over the week. Another bunch of friendly or bitchy women!!! I'll let you decide grin

cheekeymonkey Wed 31-Aug-11 13:06:05

ooow! Have missed that one!

lilyliz Wed 31-Aug-11 16:41:23

Simon and Alex creep me out and talk about social climbing,they are trying too hard to be like the others it's painful to watch,plus Simons face is painful to watch anyway

cheekeymonkey Thu 01-Sep-11 10:22:24

OOO, thanks muffintop I caught the Miami one last night but alas, there is only 1 episode left!
The one that married the French guy looks like his Mother! Is she older than him?
There is some serious mis-use of plastic surgery going on in Miami!

darksideofthemooncup Wed 07-Sep-11 00:28:38

I am so glad that I am not the only one that watches this. I think Simon and Alex are swingers, it was the creepiest thing EVER when they took Betheny aside on the boat and Simon told her she was a 'Ferrari', bleeeuurghhh. Also I have unfortunately seen Alex's nude photos that were 'leaked'. <bleaches brain>

cheekeymonkey Thu 08-Sep-11 13:00:05

Eugh! I've just eaten! angry

scarletfingernail Fri 09-Sep-11 10:33:20

I've become addicted to this over the last week or so.

Alex and Simon become creepier by the episode. I shuddered at their expressions when they were saying goodbye to their masseuse after their treatments.

Ramona reminds me very much of one of my ex bosses. Speaks as she finds a little too much. Her husband seems very sweet.

Jill and Bethenny are my favourites to watch. I started off thinking the Countess was ok, but she's going down in my estimations every episode. I don't like the new one, Kelly, at all.

cheekeymonkey Fri 09-Sep-11 11:21:52

Ha ha, when Kelly was on the horse I couldn't tell which was riding which!

Simon is REALLY pervy, eugh - the way he looked at the masseuse when he got out of the sauna!

Ramona looks like she's on the kind of drugs I could do with to wake up! Wonder if she drinks a lot of esspresso?

Countess is a stuck up caaa who treats her house maid like a slave, and had a go at Bethany for using her first name in front of the lowly chaffeur WTF?

scarletfingernail Fri 09-Sep-11 12:33:27

I did laugh when the housekeeper came back from her holidays. LuAnn asked if she had jet-lag. When she replied yes, she told her ok take it easy today. The proceeded to give her a list of jobs as long as my arm! Then asked for presents! The children seemed to love her which was very sweet.

kerrymumbles Fri 09-Sep-11 12:34:05

do people really watch this?

scarletfingernail Fri 09-Sep-11 12:35:21

Yes

kerrymumbles Fri 09-Sep-11 12:37:48

why?

i watched girls of the playboy mansion for 6 weeks over xmas about 4 years ago cause I broke my foot xmas eve and was severely depressed and not mobile.

otherwise i honestly don't understand the interest in vacuous and idiotic women's lives

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now