Talk

Advanced search

The 9 months that made you!

(13 Posts)
Skillbo Mon 22-Aug-11 21:03:46

Anyone else watching? Sounds fascinating but get the feeling I'm going to have a bit of a wake-up call as am almost 6 months and probably not doing anything quite right!!

Meglet Mon 22-Aug-11 21:04:48

watching!

Folicacid Mon 22-Aug-11 21:06:27

29 weeks pregnant and watching with trepidation...

Sandalwood Mon 22-Aug-11 21:07:07

Is this the man who was on the radio the other day, saying he can tell more about an individual's health throughout their life from seeing the placenta and the mother's body than seeing the individual?

Skillbo Mon 22-Aug-11 21:18:28

Not what I thought it would be actually - obviously mums need to look after themselves but really interesting theory...

FootsFirst Mon 22-Aug-11 21:20:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Scootergrrrl Mon 22-Aug-11 21:20:53

It's interesting that, IMO, your first pregnancy is the one where you are normally the most careful about what you eat and so on, and first babies are normally the smallest. I was insane about nutrition with DC1 and she was 6lb 6oz, whereas I ate mostly Aero Bubbles and an odd glass of red with DC3 and he was two pounds heavier!

Meglet Mon 22-Aug-11 21:26:40

this is a bit more info on the BBC Health news page

onestepforward Mon 22-Aug-11 21:34:01

DD and I were both low weight babies... wish I hadn't started watching!!

BalloonSlayer Mon 22-Aug-11 22:15:48

Gosh it was dreadfully dumbed-down, wasn't it?

Surely it's a no-brainer that how well you develop in the womb is going to have some influence on your future health and well-being? Just as what you eat and how you are treated as a child, and your genes, also have some - but not total - influence.

The way they kept saying "what happens to you before you are even born affects your destiny" made it sound like they were implying that if your Mum ate green sprouting broccoli and frogs legs in week 24 of pregnancy you'd win the lottery aged 32.

The whole thing could have been put across perfectly well in 15 minutes. All that "this is what a placenta does, you morons" drove me round the bend.

(My Mother would like to apologise to you all for my cynicism and impatience. It's not her fault or mine though, because when she was 3 months pregnant she was frightened by Jeremy Paxman.)

MilaMae Mon 22-Aug-11 22:32:40

Hmm where do my non identical twins stand.They were 6 lb 12 and 6 lb 13 but a week early and obviously being twins were never going to be an 8 lber like dd ie if they were a singleton they'd have been big.So are they still dooooomed then?

So are all twins going to have bad outcomes due to sharing all nutrients etc?

Also what about morning sickness?I had severe morning sickness for the 1st 3 months. Not looking good is it confused.

On a brighter note I always without fail managed to get down my folic acid,multi vit and flaxseed oil grin

Portofino Mon 22-Aug-11 22:44:15

"My Mother would like to apologise to you all for my cynicism and impatience. It's not her fault or mine though, because when she was 3 months pregnant she was frightened by Jeremy Paxman.)" <<snorts>> grin

MrsJamin Tue 23-Aug-11 19:55:21

Just catching up with this now. My sons were 6lb 15 and 5 lb 12 so not exactly great news for them either! A lot of this was very dumbed down, but still interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now