Talk

Advanced search

ICarly

(15 Posts)
PortBlacksandIsLovelyInAutumn Fri 19-Aug-11 13:44:54

Just got SKY and DS1 had just discovered ICarly....(and the suite life etc. - but i think ICarly has other attractions for him hmm)

....a couple of questions if i may....

1. Where are their parents?
2. What's wrong with the actress that plays Carly's face? It's very immobile and her top lip / teeth look a bit odd - has she had surgery at such a young age?
3. When will DS grow out of it (he is 10) grin

TIA

PortBlacksandIsLovelyInAutumn Fri 19-Aug-11 14:11:46

3a. Pleeeeease say when he is 11 grin

Can't stand that programme. It's teaching my DS (10) how to be cheeky, sarcastic and rude. It's now banned, along with other American crap.

Anyhow, iCarly lives with her brother, he is her guardian. There's an episode where her uncle tries to get her to live with him, but their father is mentioned now and again, he is working away on a submarine. I've not heard mention of the mother.

Never noticed anything wrong with her face, and since it'd not allowed now ......

PortBlacksandIsLovelyInAutumn Fri 19-Aug-11 14:39:30

Thanks for the submarine explanation! Will keep an eye out for cheeky rude Americanisms....

Hellishday Fri 19-Aug-11 14:44:20

It is fucking shite.
Dd still sneaks to watch it and she is nearly 15 fgs.
I think the brother is very dodgy, and her friend is an absolute bitch.

PortBlacksandIsLovelyInAutumn Fri 19-Aug-11 14:46:16

I wont argue with that Hellishday - i assume it's not exactly aim at me though...

Phineas and Ferb on the other hand (DS2's new thing) is great ...... grin

LordOfTheFlies Fri 19-Aug-11 16:58:19

My dd is 9 and I've banned I-Carly for the same reason.
(Springs to mind the episode where the pie-maker baker dies and they have 1 coconut cream pie. Sam (blonde girl) locks herself away and eats the lot) Selfish cow.
DD used to talk in her 'Sam Voice' which bugged the blazes out of me.
Hence, no more I-Clary.

We due have to cope with Suite Life and SL on Deck (Zack and Cody)

Wizards of Waverley Place is tolerable grin

EuphemiaMcGonagall Fri 19-Aug-11 17:04:44

Worst. Programme. Ever.

DD is now 9 and it's been banned in our house for at least two years.

I could not stand the whiny, mouthy kids, and the total lack of respect they show for adults. There's not a single adult character in the show who's treated as anything other than an idiot.

On no account let your DC watch the iCarly movie where they go to Japan, not speaking a word of Japanese, and THEY JUST SHOUT to make themselves understood and FIND FOREIGNERS REALLY REALLY FUNNY!!! hmm

It's the way the kids are portrayed as being cool and funny that really offends me.

Dreadful programme.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Fri 19-Aug-11 17:05:35

Zack and Cody also banned in our house! It's utter drivel with no merit.

LordOfTheFlies Fri 19-Aug-11 18:48:11

Hannah Montanah is equally as vom- inducing.

Made tolerable by Billy- Ray Cyrus (dad) and Blue Jeans (her horse)

DD is currently into Camp Orange.
Oh-my-Giddy-Aunt.
It's like I'm a Celebribity Get Me Out of Here. But for children.hmm

TaudrieTattoo Fri 19-Aug-11 18:51:01

I-Carly!!

I know!!!

Everyonetalkslikethisallthe^time^!!!

It's SO irridayding!!!!

but Spencer is quite sexy

MrsPollifaxInnocentTourist Fri 19-Aug-11 18:54:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallyanny Thu 25-Aug-11 17:59:12

In our house, we call it I-Shouty. It's crap.

TheCrackFox Thu 25-Aug-11 18:09:15

I Carly is the biggest load of shite but the worst has to be Vitorious. Why are all the female characters absolutely vile to each other?

DS1 (10 yrs - seems to be a theme here) thinks all these type programmes are amazing. Little does he know that I am getting rid of Virgin next month and going back to freeview. Mwah, ha, ha.

Carly looks like she has over dosed on botox and speaks like a chipmonk on helium.

Just dire.

TheCrackFox Thu 25-Aug-11 18:11:39

Oh and Wizards of Waverly Place is sukcing shit too. Why does Harper hang around Alex when she is such a bitch to her. (and I rarely use the b word)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now