Talk

Advanced search

Are we watching The Borgias?

(23 Posts)
kitya Sat 13-Aug-11 22:49:19

Or, is it going to be one of those hyped up series like Boardwalk Empire? I like Jeromy Irons, he does sleazy well.

meditrina Sat 13-Aug-11 22:51:21

Not watching - but the prospect of Jeremy Irons looking all rummageable in a damask rob be might make me have a peek.

akaemmafrost Sun 14-Aug-11 09:21:22

Couldn't get into it. I have been spoiled by the brilliance that was Game Of Thrones. It didn't seem real enough iyswim? Just actors in costumes rather than believable. Not overly keen on JI either, I always imagine to be a petulant luvvie in RL.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 14-Aug-11 09:26:46

I'm with akaemmafrost. No likeable characters, a bit dull, and game of thrones it certainly aint!

OracleInaCoracle Sun 14-Aug-11 09:26:47

I'm with akaemmafrost. No likeable characters, a bit dull, and game of thrones it certainly aint!

kitya Sun 14-Aug-11 11:58:38

Game of Thrones ruined us, didnt it?

Ive recorded it. I might give it a go.

I always imagine JI to be a dirty old git. Id give him a try though smile

akaemmafrost Sun 14-Aug-11 12:57:42

Well there certainly wasn't anyone to match the hotness that is Jon Snow and for that reason alone it gets the thumbs down from me.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 14-Aug-11 14:07:37

I'm a big fan of robb meself, but yes, I see the snow attraction...<Swoon>

OracleInaCoracle Sun 14-Aug-11 14:07:38

I'm a big fan of robb meself, but yes, I see the snow attraction...<Swoon>

kitya Sun 14-Aug-11 16:00:07

No mindless shagging then? damn sad I might as well delete it

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 15-Aug-11 16:45:31

Will be downloading and watching it --illegally- from the internet as I refuse to get SKY Shitlantic and give those crooks any of my hard-earned.

<vom> at thought of 'rummaging' with Jeremy Irons though. grin

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 15-Aug-11 16:45:46

Oh.

illegally, I meant.

kitya Mon 15-Aug-11 18:27:54

Ive seen the first one and, I am going to stick with it. I dont understand how the pope could be married with children though. When did they change that rule?

moragbellingham Tue 16-Aug-11 21:33:09

I missed the first one so I might try and catch up.

Think I'll have to go and see Jason Moamo from KofT in Conan now thoughgrin

MrsvWoolf Tue 16-Aug-11 23:01:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zukiecat Sun 21-Aug-11 15:54:18

Whenisitmysleepytime Sun 21-Aug-11 16:38:05

I'm not keen. Give me a game of thrones gruff northerner anytime! smile

I can't get into it and everytime I see it I think of monty python! grin

Smuddy81 Thu 01-Sep-11 10:07:29

Stick it with it people. Lots of mindless shagging still to come!

ppeatfruit Thu 01-Sep-11 11:49:01

Okay I declare an family interest here . A relative works for HBO and we got the DVDs and book of the Borgias (which I'm ploughing through before watching).

They don't seem a very likeable lot do they? Apparently all the cardinals had mistresses in those days (probably still do) grin and were also corrupt, so nothing's new eh!!I've just read a fairly juicy sex scene and it's a guarantee that'll be in the film!!

Smuddy81 Sun 04-Sep-11 21:18:25

ppeatfruit is that with Juan Borgia? It's in episode 7 apparently and I wont be watching also due to a family connection... yuck!

ppeatfruit Tue 06-Sep-11 13:30:36

Do not read if you don't want to know what happens !!!

No if it's the one I'm thinking of he dies is killed fairly early on. It's with all of them at dinner and a lot of courtesans and chandeliers oooer missus!!!!

According to the book what is amazing is the reputation of Lucrezia who actually was just a bit of a good time girl. (her wronged ex husband passed on rumours\lies about her and incest that everyone believed even now) It's enough to make me a feminist! But Cesare and the pope OMG!!

zukiecat Wed 07-Sep-11 15:29:32

Smuddy81 Wed 14-Sep-11 21:40:57

No one into David Oakes (Juan) then...? ......No one? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now