Talk

Advanced search

Village SOS

(8 Posts)
WipsGlitter Wed 10-Aug-11 20:28:18

Anyone watching? Think the slightly silly mums will come a cropper when they try to run the cafe??

CMOTdibbler Wed 10-Aug-11 20:34:35

One of them is a Mnetter - she posted about the cafe a while back

Haywire Wed 10-Aug-11 22:12:21

Oh that is me, do we come across as silly was not as bad as I feared. So hard to know what they will show when they film so much footage. Was deal with the devil for us don't personally want to be on telly but such good publicity for our business. They finished filming in June and cafe is now fully up and running and going really well so far. Very strange process being filmed but hope end product is benefit to town we are already employing 5 people just in the cafe.

CMOTdibbler Thu 11-Aug-11 08:06:08

I think it is very hard being filmed for anything as they will cut it to make you look like they want anyway. I didn't think you looked silly at all, and the cafe looks lovely - fantastic news that you have created 5 jobs.

I noticed tiny tapas on a menu they showed - was that from MN suggestion ?

whatkungfuthat Thu 11-Aug-11 16:05:41

I really enjoyed it and the cakes looked lovely but I was a bit worried about the railings outside as there appeared to be a big bit of pole just sticking out.

WipsGlitter Thu 11-Aug-11 17:24:23

I retract! You did really well, they way they were spinning it out I was expecting a disaster. Hope all continues to go well with the venture! Loved your aprons by the way!

LIZS Thu 11-Aug-11 17:30:03

ds wanted to know why Sarah Beeny wasn't a bit more hands on ! It did strike me as odd that so few local people seemed to be directly involved, is that really the case ? Hope it continues to thrive.

chimchar Thu 11-Aug-11 17:34:22

i thought that you all came across really well. the cakes looked dreamy!

i got a bit of a crush on saul...he was fab. grin

the cafe looked brill....we will certainly visit if we are ever passing.

i was really surprised at the lack of welsh sounding people in the programme. everyone bar about 3 were english i think!

i want to know if the soliciter lady (is that you haywire?) gave up her proper job to take over as baker.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now