Talk

Advanced search

Anyone see that More 4 thing last night about child stars in Hollywood?

(5 Posts)
Clary Wed 10-Aug-11 17:35:03

I was only half watching it so did I miss something?

Was the pretty, a bit chubby blonde girl really there with her mum for three years while her dad stayed at home? And had she actually got any work?

The little girl who auditioned for Rob Reiner was sweet but I saw little sign of talent from the rest. Why would anyone do that? Or was that the point? (NB - I went to bed with a headache before the end).

mumwhereareyou Wed 10-Aug-11 20:42:58

Yes I did Clary and she had been there for 3 yrs and no work at all, it was quite disturbing the whole programme. One family claimed they spent about $5000 a month on rent and food and uilities and nothing to show at the end of it.

At the end of the programme, that blonde girl (megan) was still there a year later and still no job.

It showed that 3 of them had got some work but nothing to write home about so to speak.

Couldn't believe that people are so guillable and believe everything the agents told them.

Clary Wed 10-Aug-11 21:04:38

Oh that's really a bit sad isn't it.

I thought at least they were going to follow someone through to getting a role. And I also thought that they were actually doing some work - the mum who spoke about it as a gift from god (that her children had such acting talent) - seems a bit misguided to say the least hmm

JeremyVile Wed 10-Aug-11 21:12:38

I watched this, was rather bizarre and depressing.

I actually felt a bit queasy at the scene (the following year, megans 4th) when her mother recieved a phone call and they're both listening and silently jumping around and grinning...and it turned out megan had won a $25 voucher.

StopRainingPlease Wed 10-Aug-11 21:35:09

Saw a bit of it and the pedant in me wondered why anyone would send their children to a stage school who discussed their "alumnis" hmmgrin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now