Talk

Advanced search

Anybody else watching 'Big Babies' itv2 now!!!

(15 Posts)
girliefriend Sun 07-Aug-11 20:10:31

Fancy joining me!!

RedHotPokers Sun 07-Aug-11 20:13:56

Can't BELIEVE how big some of these babies are. SEVENTEEN POUNDS! Good god!

festi Sun 07-Aug-11 20:16:27

hes got a fucking frootshoot, init!!

girliefriend Sun 07-Aug-11 20:24:08

LOL! That poor toddler, the fact that the biggest baby born in the u.k is not now obese shows its not inevitable but is if you continue to feed them shit!!!

RedHotPokers Sun 07-Aug-11 20:39:40

These people haven't got a clue!

Meglet Sun 07-Aug-11 20:40:40

yes.......

Will come back and rant shortly.

RedHotPokers Sun 07-Aug-11 20:43:24

Scampi Fries <despair>

Meglet Sun 07-Aug-11 20:53:53

<<hits head on keyboard in despair>>

RedHotPokers Sun 07-Aug-11 20:54:43

What is so hilarious about this poor boy being too big for a kids rubber ring. The mother and her sister, seem to find it outrageously funny!

And then off for some fried food.

RedHotPokers Sun 07-Aug-11 20:55:55

'Thing is, its just so hard to say no.'

It really isn't. Unless you want your child to be morbidly obese.

festi Sun 07-Aug-11 20:55:59

smiley faces and 2 portions of chicken nuggets <<<shakes head>>>

pink4ever Sun 07-Aug-11 21:04:50

I try really really hard not to judge other parents and let me say my kids have and do partake of junk food-pizzas,burgers etc. But I feel so sorry for that wee boy. His mum obviously hasnt got a clue and he is going to just keep getting bigger and bigger.
I did like the fact that the two studies sort of cancelled each other out though. Doctors dont always get it right. I was a low birth weight baby and all the books I read suggested I would have a small baby. However when I suggested this to doctors they werehmm. When I was around 7 months they decided baby was smallish but not worryingly so. My ds was a 4lb baby. All my babies were on the smallish side(6lb and under) so seems my being a small baby must have had some effect as I am not small now!.

Skillbo Sun 07-Aug-11 21:31:02

Am watching on Plus 1 - bloody hell... will come back and have a proper rant in a mo!

kittensliveupstairs Sun 07-Aug-11 21:34:18

Can't quite figure out how to use the plus one thing so I only saw the last 12 minutes or so.
Both me and DD sat open mouthed at the three year old in the swimming pool. Poor little chap, has to swim with the old people. His mum is setting him up for a lifetime of trouble unless she stops the nuggets and faces and the £50 on Thomas the tanker food.

Skillbo Sun 07-Aug-11 21:50:28

It's channel 27 on Freeview although you'll see the same 12 mninutes!!

What surprises me is the fact that this doesn't seem to be a HUGE wake up call for the mothers and they all still seem to be on the large side. I know it is tough losing the baby weight and I am certainly bigger this time round but if I had given birth first time round and seen some of the complications these children are going through, I would try my hardest to change and improve myself....

This is making me concerned though about the whole junk food during pregnancy means your lo's might be born with a propensity for chunking up as my diet is shite at the moment.. think this could be a good wake up call for me, tbh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now