Talk

Advanced search

Strictly Come Dancing 2011

(21 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 02-Aug-11 13:13:37

So

Ticket ballot is now open, but the show timings are 3.45pm on Saturdays. hmm Not doing it live any more, then? Can they just not trust Brucie to behave/read the autocue/not keel over?

Final will be live from Blackpool, apparently. And of course, although Claudia will present the results show with Tess, she won't be doing ITT. Ch-ch-ch-changes ...

Good luck if you're applying! Or if you get tickets and need a plus one, I am very companionable and enthusiastic, know all the trivia from series past, and scrub up very well. smile

CaveMum Thu 04-Aug-11 22:13:59

If I am remembering correctly, they said last year that you had to be at TV Centre for 4pm in order to be seated for the live show. Something to do with them over-allocating tickets every week. They don't want any empty seats so allocate more tickets than seats available to allow for a certain drop out rate.

Can't wait for this year's series!

mycatsaysach Thu 04-Aug-11 22:17:15

oooo me too - excited

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 05-Aug-11 08:40:40

I hope that's all it is. It's funny though; the press stuff doesn't say anything about the show being live, which I thought they usually harped on ad nauseam. They're making a big deal of the 'live' final and a 'live' special charity show partway through the series, which makes me wonder if the rest isn't going to be ...

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 05-Aug-11 09:01:52

One of the shows will be at Wembley with a live audience.

Am excited already!

KurriKurri Fri 05-Aug-11 10:50:43

Where do you apply for tickets - BBC website?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 05-Aug-11 10:52:04

Yep, here

KurriKurri Fri 05-Aug-11 11:02:42

Thank you LadyClarice - have applied smile

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 05-Aug-11 11:21:07

Me too – for every date! Fingers crossed all round.

worzelswife Fri 05-Aug-11 13:11:57

I have applied for the last 4 years and never got anything. So I've applied this year but certainly won't be holding my breath. I would love to go though.
If Claudia doesn't present ITT it won't be nearly so fun. I can miss the actualy show but hate missing ITT (sad person emoticon!!)

worzelswife Fri 05-Aug-11 13:12:07

actual

Marlinspike Fri 05-Aug-11 13:19:42

I'm with you worzel, Claudwinks was the very bestest thing about SCD.... I recorded ITT every night and watched it before going to bed - it was my nightly fix. I don't think anyone can do it quite as well as our Claude...

SURELY this must be Brucie's last series????

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 05-Aug-11 13:47:50

I've never got anything either in four or five years of applying ...

I'm a bit scared that Brucie will just die retire now he's got his knighthood. Keep it going Bruce! For the fans! I honestly can't think of who I'd like to present it if he didn't.

worzelswife Fri 05-Aug-11 19:50:03

You want Brucie to stay on for the sake of five people?

wink

Please Bruce retire, please!

bluesky Fri 05-Aug-11 20:15:10

I love Claudia, but I think Zoe will do fine....

Yet again I have applied for my tickets ..... the studio is so small, and so full of guests, families etc, the odds on getting them are so teeeny. Fingers x'd.

Prolesworth Fri 05-Aug-11 20:22:14

Message withdrawn

vmcd28 Sat 06-Aug-11 21:17:50

Darren and Lilya should present it.

gregssausageroll Sat 06-Aug-11 21:59:47

I read on digital spy that the final will come from the O2 arena this year, not Blackpool.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 07-Aug-11 11:27:21

gregs, here's the BBC's word on the final

gregssausageroll Sun 07-Aug-11 14:37:21

ah! it is children in need from the o2. Knew I'd read it somewhere!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 07-Aug-11 14:53:38

Big shiny Blackpool final!! <too excited>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now