mad men was the only good telly and sky has nabbed that

AmeliaSachs Sun 31-Jul-11 13:59:40

Never really got on with Mad men lawnimp

Telly for me and my Ma to watch together grin

diddl Sun 31-Jul-11 18:24:18

Wonder how Downton will pan out?

There are some pics in the Mailblush

"Lady Edith talking to a wounded soldier."

So I predict that the soldier is the the "heir"-didnt really die on the Titanic & ends up maaying Edith!

Matthew marries Sybil as she doesn´t care that he´s "only" a lawyergrin

Don´t give a damn about what happens to Mary.

AmeliaSachs Sun 07-Aug-11 17:34:53

Its going to be set in the middle of the war. I think Edith joins up to treat the soldiers on the front line.

GaramMasalaGirl Sun 07-Aug-11 19:17:28

Loved both Scott & Bailey and Downton Abbey.....definitely something to look forward to, yup I'm easily pleased too.

Lawnimp Sky Atlantic were meant to show the new season (5?) of Mad Men but I think there's some sort of dispute and there's no knowing when/if it'll be on. Sky should just let BBC2 have it angry

kittensliveupstairs Sun 07-Aug-11 20:38:14

Have only seen Downton out of that lot.
Me and DD think that the nasty footman whose name escapes me, is going to get into trouble for desertion in the war and both of us hope that hopalong valet gets it on with the maid.

lachesis Sun 07-Aug-11 20:43:13

Other than seeing Maggie Smith, I thought Downton Abbey was shit. They all seemed like a load of uninteresting twats that are impossible to care about. Too bad there was no air-bombing in WWI so we could look forward to the possibility of their all being blown to smithereens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now