We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Annabel's Kitchen

(12 Posts)
vogonmothership Thu 28-Jul-11 15:43:35

I really dislike outbursts of blasphemy. However.

Jesus Christ.

fivegomadindorset Thu 28-Jul-11 15:51:53

It is truly awful isn't it. Caught it the other day, boy obviously hated what they had cooked.

Georgimama Thu 28-Jul-11 15:56:27

It is truly dreadful isn't it? Even DS thinks it is pants and if allowed to he will watch any old shite on CITV. I think he can tell mummy is not a fan of CITV in general and so gravitates towards it deliberately.

She doesn't even cook anything really - there's just those pointless penguins getting into a kerfuffle about a nonsense (the eventual resolution of which is predictable within about 15 seconds) and her arranging some raw fruit/veg on a plate. The other day she mad a sheep out of a head of raw cauliflower. Er, and?

DH is a rampant capitalist but I pointed out the difference between Annabel's Kitchen and I Can Cook and he had to agree the Beeb's proferring in this regard is much better.

vogonmothership Thu 28-Jul-11 16:54:16

We have actually made a few of annoying Katie's recipes and they have been jolly nice. It's actual food instead of 'messed with'.

But AK. The Alice band is bad enough, the puppets have a better presenting ability than her. Her face doesn't move. Really words fail me.

I have never bought her books. I don't need instructions to tell me how to mash up some veg.

Georgimama Thu 28-Jul-11 16:56:24

I now employ Katie's method of slicing up a pepper without knife or scissors because DS can do it and he loves peppers.

I actually quite love Katie.

Chipotle Thu 28-Jul-11 17:01:57

<intrigued> what is Katy's method of cutting peppers?

Georgimama Thu 28-Jul-11 17:04:55

You push in the stalk hard, and then tear it open. Then you can remove the stalk and seeds. I think she gets the little ones to use safety scissors to chop up after they've then got two halves of de-seeded pepper but DS and I just tear it into chunks.

vogonmothership Thu 28-Jul-11 17:26:49

ooh must try

glastoHelen Fri 29-Jul-11 17:15:04

@vogonmothership. Your comments are irrelevant. You just sound like a bitter old lady who has to resort to commenting on someone's appearance. Annabel Karmel has been a revelation and has revolutionised the way in which we feed our children when time is limited. You're not setting a very good example to your little one/ones. Were you never taught "if you haven't got anything nice to say then keep it to yourself. You just sound like a bully

littleducks Fri 29-Jul-11 17:19:12

hmm at ^

I didnt understand the funny veggi-ometer machine

vogonmothership Sat 30-Jul-11 09:03:16

I am very sorry, I take it all back, but please tell your mum to lose the headband. Seriously. At least my face moves

blush oops I did it again. Sorry. <prepares birch to flagellate myself>

camdancer Sun 31-Jul-11 10:05:19

I wont comment on AK's appearance but there isn't any actual cooking in the show. It's all just take stuff that is raw, pre-chopped, or even pre-cooked and make it into a face/animal. I can cook is full of tasty, pretty healthy recipes even very young children can make. My 2 year old is a dab hand at making banana bread!

And if you need a book to tell you how to make carrot puree then I find that worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now