Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching The Wright Stuff regarding mumsnet naughty step thread?

(11 Posts)
supergreenuk Tue 26-Jul-11 10:47:20

Anyone watching The Wright Stuff regarding mumsnet naughty step thread?

twinklypearls Tue 26-Jul-11 10:49:12

How awful for your thread to become the focus of a TV show. I know everything on here is public which is why I now only post incredibly dull things but still unpleasant.

supergreenuk Tue 26-Jul-11 10:49:44

I think it's embarrassing. Makes mumsnet look dreadful. Thankfully most mumsnetters were nice but honest to the op but to have a mumsnetter quoted do badly and being driven off the site.....flip.

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 26-Jul-11 10:55:24

Which naughty step thread?

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 26-Jul-11 10:55:41

Oh, was it the 3 hour one?

EdwardorEricCantDecide Tue 26-Jul-11 10:59:51

haven't watched TWS for ages, but missed the thread too, what happened?

supergreenuk Tue 26-Jul-11 11:07:15

Yes the 3 hour one. TWS did it regarding the topic of when is a child old enough to say and understand sorry but they introduced it based on the mumsnet thread where a mumsnetter had left a 2 yo old the naughty step for 3 hours because the dc refused to say sorry. A small group on mn where very angry and expressed this quite aggressively and eventually the op removed herself from mn.

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 26-Jul-11 11:30:33

Ah, I only saw the beginning of it, a few people were kicking off then but I didn't see the OP come back.

Pootles2010 Tue 26-Jul-11 11:34:21

What's their take on it? Does seem a bit off for them to have focused on one particular thread.

sootytotherescue Tue 26-Jul-11 11:58:25

Didn't see TWS but did see the thread and the way op was treated was dreadful. Why some MNers think its ok to be so aggressive is beyond me. If that mother was deranged and admitting child cruelty (which I don't think she was at all) its probably not a good idea to wind her up to the point she dereggs.

StableButDeluded Fri 29-Jul-11 19:39:26

I didn't see the thread but isn't that what Jo Frost Supernanny does? Makes the parent keep putting the child back on the step till they stay for the required time, or till they say sorry or something?

I have to say her method makes me uncomfortable, I saw one of her Extreme Parental Guidance progs a few weeks ago where a six-year-old head-butted his mum and wouldn't go to bed every night. I think at one point she spent about 3 hours repeatedly putting him back on the naughty step till he said sorry. The mum was stressed beyond belief and the poor little boy looked utterly, utterly exhausted, defeated & miserable. Maybe that's the idea but I just know I couldn't do it to DS. Thank God I've never had to, I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now