Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours!

(24 Posts)
vmcd28 Wed 20-Jul-11 12:53:36

I had to start another Neighbours thread - where have they all gone lately?

Anyway, I find it amusing that Mark (Meeeeehk) Brennan is being put into witness protection, cos he's had a few silent phonecalls and a couple of flat tyres. OK, he had a "break-in", but given that they all leave their doors unlocked anyway, I'm not entirely sure that counts!
And the fact it's his colleagues who are the "baddies" here - um, discipline/sack them or something? Am I being really thick? hmm

LilBB Wed 20-Jul-11 13:52:11

It seems really far fetched. It's the '24' style episode today. Bit behind with the fashionable TV as 24 was at it's peak quite a few years ago. I hope Kate buggers off too but I doubt it.

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 14:19:50

It is very odd. I'm not sure what it is Mark knows about - maybe missed an episode. I don't understand why being in witness protection means that if Kate missed the meet in the car park there is no way he would be able to be in contact ever again. Couldn't her just learn her phone number and call her or even, perhaps, email her?
V sad at seeing sad Brennan though, he does sad acting well.

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 14:20:47

Also particularly liked the way they had replaced all their lightbullbs with really low wattage ones for the evening.

turnitup Wed 20-Jul-11 17:45:19

this is surely one of the worst storylines yet. The best ending would be Kate does join him and we never see her again!

MigratingCoconuts Wed 20-Jul-11 17:59:06

I came on here just to find out if I am the only one who thinks its over kill for mark to go into witness protection just because a dodgy cop pressured the car lot a couple of times for money!!!!

And no one seemed bother about the brother the girls were planning to leave behind??

really, is it me???

[was also willing Kate to go..]

lucykate Wed 20-Jul-11 18:02:20

it gets worse. don't want to spoil it but there is more ridiculousness to come on that storyline.

LilBB Wed 20-Jul-11 18:03:45

I didn't get why it had to hush hush with Mark, cover story that he had a promotion but the Kate and Sophie were just going to run off during dinner? Surely people would start asking questions and looking for them? I noticed no mention of the brother, or the uncle and cousin across the road, or Sophies school, or Kates esteemed dancing teaching coffee shop career. Also a paper fire in your sink smells like burnt toast?

I wonder what really happens when you go in witness protection.

MigratingCoconuts Wed 20-Jul-11 18:03:57

ooh!

<trots of to 'Holy soap' website...>

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 18:04:16

Yes, I've looked on the neighbours website and indeed it does get worse.

2shoes Wed 20-Jul-11 18:06:28

it is bigger than one bad cop, it goes all the way to the top!!
I felt so sorry for mak, he looked so sad and young, why didn't she get there on time, I was hoping she was going

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 18:06:34

And surely v bad manners to watch someone preparing dinner that you aren't intending to eat. Did they think he wouldn't notice?

Also the witness protection thing is only supposed to be for the length of the investigation / trial so all seemed a bit unreasonable for Sophie to go too.

qwepoi Wed 20-Jul-11 18:07:24

I would happily have looked after Mark when he was looking all sad.

2shoes Wed 20-Jul-11 18:09:07

in australia they go into witness protection a lot, Vinnie in Home and away went into it.
I wanted to mother Mark, now that is sad

MigratingCoconuts Wed 20-Jul-11 18:13:13

yes...he seems to be going in for 'years' and Kate will 'never see him again'

blah

vmcd28 Thu 21-Jul-11 18:46:28

anyone fancy clubbing together for the plane ticket for Kate to fuck off go and find her lost love?

LilBB Thu 21-Jul-11 19:14:01

I will as long as we buy a ticket for Sophie too. Those bloody pigtails!!

lazarusb Thu 21-Jul-11 19:54:22

I think Mark made the whole thing up to get away from Kate. It's the only way he could finish their relationship without her thinking that she had the right to pronounce judgement on every area of his life grin ...and that policeman's accent....do you think Andrew knows him?!

MigratingCoconuts Thu 21-Jul-11 20:01:52

grin at laza.

i thought that about the cop too....was that a poor attempt at doing a 'taggart'??

vmcd28 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:42:28

I forgot about the "scottish" cop. I'm Scottish, and I've never heard an accent close to his. And the way he growls every word is just bizarre.
Also confused at Mark texting kate to say he loves her, yet kate just sobbed "he's gone", rather than one last attempt to phone him. Silly cow. Still, she can concentrate on her dancing again.

And Sonya, she just really really irritates me. To the nth degree.

2shoes Thu 21-Jul-11 22:37:45

i am sure that Zeke's older sister, remember her,s he looked nothing like Zeke or Rachel, was just in torchwood

LilBB Fri 22-Jul-11 06:33:50

Katya? I saw her on the ad for Torchwood. She always looked completely different to her siblings, like Jade and Sonya.

HomemadeCommunistRussia Fri 22-Jul-11 17:10:31

Bloody hell! Holy back story!

Lucas' Dad sends him one text in 3 years and then dies <faints>

The writers really do just make stuff up as they go along don't they? grin

(I mean I know they do, but they don't seem to even try to make it look like they don't IYKWIM)

MigratingCoconuts Fri 22-Jul-11 17:17:31

THAT'S where I'd seen that actress on the torchwood ad from!!!

arf at Lucas' dad!

Does this mean Fitzie will be back for the funeral of HIS dad too??? No! of course not. There's another character that has been conviently forgotten!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now