Talk

Advanced search

Sirens

(25 Posts)
MunchkinsMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-11 18:31:10

Is anyone watching this? I think it's brilliant and different without trying too hard to be. It's on Channel 4 tonight at 10pm if you've missed it. It's based on a real paramedic's blog called Blood, Sweat and Tea and is well written and acted.

DottyDot Mon 11-Jul-11 19:15:12

yes - loving it - but most people I've asked don't seem to be watching it. Mind you, I loved Phone Shop and I think I was the only person in the country who watched that! grin

MunchkinsMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-11 19:38:09

I'm hoping if more people watch it, they will commission a second series!

I like it although I freely admit I only started watching because it's got the actor who played Robb Stark in Game of Thrones in it <shallow>

It's very funny, and deserves a bigger audience and a 2nd series imo!

cat64 Mon 11-Jul-11 19:53:06

Message withdrawn

MunchkinsMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-11 19:56:25

It seems a shame that good tv doesn't get the promotion it deserves and utter tripe is advertised for weeks in advance. I'm hoping people will read this thread and catch up with it on 4OD!

moragbellingham Mon 11-Jul-11 21:02:58

Oh wow, so it is!! Am missing Game of Thrones but enjoying this too. Is it set in Leeds does anyone know?

MunchkinsMumof2 Mon 11-Jul-11 21:35:59

yes, it is Leeds

southeasthamster Tue 12-Jul-11 08:16:33

went right over my head, didnt get it at all and winced most of the way through it.

prob just my sense of humour

moragbellingham Tue 12-Jul-11 18:41:55

Thanks MunchkinMum - Thought I recognised some of the houses.

I had to watch that episode with a cushion. I do not like dead dead bodies, and that guy in the shower freaked me out. I think that episode was very bittersweet - some definite laugh out loud moments, but some incredibly heart wrenching ones too.

MunchkinsMumof2 Wed 13-Jul-11 09:33:39

I think of the three episodes, this one was the least good. I agree that the dead man in the shower was creepy but I think the writer's aiming for pathos as well as humour which has been evident in the previous episodes. I still love it!

tegan Wed 13-Jul-11 10:15:21

i saw the first ep but really didn't get it. Way too much foul language and no real story line. Sorry ...

cat64 Wed 13-Jul-11 11:59:39

Message withdrawn

GothAnneGeddes Sun 17-Jul-11 11:22:36

Thought it was hideous, sexist tripe. Maybe it got better after the first episode, but I couldn't subject myself to anymore of it.

Also, if they all live in Leeds and a on a decent wage, why do they all live in such 70's relic decor houses?

shuffleballchange Mon 18-Jul-11 21:09:57

I like it. Eye candy - good. Black humour - good. Juicy storylines - good. Its my Tuesday treat on iplayer when DS1 is at school and DS2 is napping. Oh how I love my Tuesdays.

MunchkinsMumof2 Mon 18-Jul-11 21:37:15

I'm with you shuffle, it's my Monday night treat and I sadly look forward to it all day! Glad I'm not alone in loving this!

didldidi Sat 06-Aug-11 12:33:26

Did anyone watch the last of the series Monday? best yet I thought. Have to admit to crying too! blush

CatPower Sat 06-Aug-11 12:35:13

I loved Sirens, really hope it gets another series.

didldidi Sat 06-Aug-11 12:45:35

Me too - they've left it open for the Stewart/Maxine thing.

MrsPlesWearsAFez Sat 06-Aug-11 12:51:27

I sat and watched all six eps over two days this week and really enjoyed it.

Would love to see a second series.

CatPower Sat 06-Aug-11 23:19:07

I wasn't all that bothered about Stuart/Rhys Thomas, and then I saw this video of him drunkenly dancing with Alexander Skarsgard from True Blood. Ay carumba. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpH-N9zufQM

MunchkinsMumof2 Mon 08-Aug-11 12:24:06

I loved it all, especially the last episode with Little Stuart! It's so original and I hope they make more.

shuffleballchange Mon 08-Aug-11 20:02:59

I didnt realise it was the last one last week as only discovered it on episode 3 so thought there were more to come. Gutted. i've sent DHJ round his mates so I can watch it in peace. I'm so sad, no eye candy for me tonight sad

TheSmallPrint Wed 10-Aug-11 17:23:37

I loved Sirens, and was very disappointed when it finished. DH did not get it at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now