Talk

Advanced search

Where is our apprentice final 5 thread?

(105 Posts)
giraffesCantZumba Thu 07-Jul-11 21:04:15

Is this just a boring recap of them all?

CaveMum Thu 07-Jul-11 21:06:31

It's looking like the Jim Show so far!

craftynclothy Thu 07-Jul-11 21:13:15

Yes, but <swoon> at Tom in that top with the pushed up sleeves shockblush. Dh is laughing at me.

CaveMum Thu 07-Jul-11 21:17:06

I thought this was going to be the interview episode!
It does look like a "best of" show sad

notnowbernard Thu 07-Jul-11 21:17:10

With a bit of input from friends and family

katkitya Thu 07-Jul-11 21:27:08

Oh, I always like seeing their backgrounds. Jim's wife is very glam!!

BitOfFun Thu 07-Jul-11 21:30:30

Susie is more impressive knowing her background.

megcleary Thu 07-Jul-11 21:31:39

Susie has done well hasn't she!

notnowbernard Thu 07-Jul-11 21:31:41

Natasha also

Until now I thought she was crap tbh

katkitya Thu 07-Jul-11 21:33:33

Susie is amazing!! Its really opened my eyes.

notnowbernard Thu 07-Jul-11 21:36:28

Blimey, Helen's a bit scary

smokinaces Thu 07-Jul-11 21:37:14

I dont get the whole "they had to share a room shock they were poor" thing.

notnowbernard Thu 07-Jul-11 21:39:32

I think being the 1st person in your family to go to University is a biggie though

Esp when you did your A levels on a scholarship

katkitya Thu 07-Jul-11 21:40:59

remember when the majority of them used to come from privelaged backgrounds? Its very different now.

smokinaces Thu 07-Jul-11 22:01:40

yes, I get the 1st to university thing.

I just didnt realise that sharing a room with 1 sibling was such as indication as being poor!!

MollieO Thu 07-Jul-11 22:29:09

Based on 'how well they've done from where they came from' then Susan should win by a country mile. However if they go on business plans and ideas then Tom will be a clear winner. Not sure what Jim, Natasha and Helen have to offer in terms of original business ideas. I'm sure all could run a business but I'm not sure if those three could have an original idea between them.

sharbie Thu 07-Jul-11 22:31:47

as likes working class girls made good so looking like natasha to win
susie just too annoying personality
tom is a contender - he is v sweet
helen - robot
jim - full of something

BitOfFun Thu 07-Jul-11 22:32:05

I thought Natasha came across as a bit of an idiot, tbh. She spoke of being on free school dinners like it was somehow shameful, and proudly claimed that she paid for her dinners herself. When the LEA has already paid? How is paying twice for something indicative of sound business sense?

MollieO Thu 07-Jul-11 22:32:59

Only was the first and only female on both sides of my immediate and extended family to go to uni and 28 years later that is still the case. My brother was the same for the males. I don't think of it as anything special or unusual, it is just what we chose to do. Natasha has done well but a degree in hospitality management isn't really a serious degree is it?

sharbie Thu 07-Jul-11 22:33:01

bettering yourself maybe bof?

MollieO Thu 07-Jul-11 22:33:51

'I not 'only'

BitOfFun Thu 07-Jul-11 22:36:48

Bettering yourself means taking advantage of the opportunities afforded you- not hamstringing yourself with some vague proto-Thatcherite contempt for where you come from. That smacks of Issues to me.

MollieO Thu 07-Jul-11 22:39:56

BOF I think you're right about the 'issues' thing. I don't run around wearing my background on my sleeve for all to see as it isn't relevant to who I am. I feel a bit been there done that and moved on. Unless she is going for the pity vote, which is a pretty poor tactic. She will get torn apart in the interview stage if she gets that far.

sharbie Thu 07-Jul-11 22:42:09

i agree with her take on it - i would rather be financially independent than rely on others if possible.it sounds like that has driven her on.

Summerbird73 Fri 08-Jul-11 09:29:24

i agree with BoF and smokin, the free school meals and 'sharing a room with sister shocker' didnt endear Natasha to me at all. I actually shouted at the TV blush at that point. I grew up in a council estate, didnt go to Uni but have managed to get myself a good job through hard work.

Also my sister is the first and only member of the family to go to Uni - she actually has 3 degrees now and we are v proud of her, but I dont put her on a pedestal as she is still self obsessed with 'ishoos' of her own wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now