Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Surely Desparate Housewives has had it's day now?

(21 Posts)
katkitya Thu 07-Jul-11 18:13:10

They were quick enough to get rid of Brothers and Sisters. I watched it last night and couldn't believe what I was seeing. It couldve been an episode from five years ago. Yet another cover up murder. Ps what was with Susans drinking? Hasn't she just had a kidney transplant?

SlinkyB Fri 08-Jul-11 09:09:13

I agree, it lost its mo-jo a long time ago, don't know why I still bother watching it tbh.

katkitya Fri 08-Jul-11 21:59:56

Well it's finished now. I cant even see how they are going to squeeze another episode out of it

Yeah, it's had it's day. Should have gone on a high IMO. When will they bring back footballers wives??! I think with the Essex thing etc., it would be very popular now.

Cutelittlecatlover Fri 08-Jul-11 23:39:44

I was really disappointed by the season finale, totally agree its had it's day.

Gutted about Tom and Lynette though sad

I read somewhere that the next series will be the last, I really hope they come up with a good storyline and go out on a high

SlinkyB Sun 10-Jul-11 10:16:32

I agree bringing back Footballers Wives would probably be a popular choice right now...and the writers wouldn't have a very difficult job would they? Just pick up any ol' tabloid and ta-da! wink

hocuspontas Sun 10-Jul-11 10:21:45

I think a good final season would be that they all wake up from a dream (like Bobby in Dallas) and carry on with their normal lives in a women's refuge. All the murdered/dead people would be there as goodies/baddies (like Wizard of Oz). It would make more sense than this last series.

Bunbaker Sun 10-Jul-11 10:24:12

"I was really disappointed by the season finale,"

So was I. I found it quite unsettling and thought that it had lost its sparkle.

katkitya Sun 10-Jul-11 11:38:51

I'm sad for Lynette as well but, Tom was never good enough for her was he? The actors must know how dull it is now. It lost me when it moved forward five years!

LilBB Mon 11-Jul-11 08:11:45

I've been disappointed with this last series. I was starting to get confused about how all the characters linked to each other. It also lost me when it jumped 5 years. Great way to do away with a lot of the kids and just start over but I could never work out how old the adults where supposed to be.

cjbartlett Mon 11-Jul-11 10:31:43

Was it on last night or was last weeks the finale?

flagging Mon 11-Jul-11 10:38:42

I just gave up after a couple of episodes in this series. It had lost it's edge. Such a shame as it used to be required viewing in this house.

katkitya Mon 11-Jul-11 12:23:38

Yes last weeks was the last one. The five years forward was the beginning of the end.

pollyteapot Mon 11-Jul-11 20:08:11

I finally got around to watching the finale last night - i was dissapointed too by the ending. However, Lynette had me in tears. She always does when she has very emotional scenes. I hope the next season is better

GryffindorNotSlytherinPlease Wed 13-Jul-11 12:18:12

blush I still love it!

mumblechum2 Wed 13-Jul-11 12:21:11

I was bored by Paul 5 years ago and even more bored by him this time round.

The only sparky one is Gabby.

QOD Wed 13-Jul-11 18:01:27

I totally can't remember the Mike/Paul story - all lost in my tiny mind now

indreamworld Fri 15-Jul-11 17:57:40

Watched it right from series 1 and still love it. Looking forward to the new series starting in the autumn smile

anniebear Sat 16-Jul-11 08:51:18

I LOVE it smile

rainbowtoenails Sun 17-Jul-11 11:01:20

I still watch it but it does seem to be recycling old stories. Lynette having another baby was ridiculous as her character is in her 50s! I miss a lot of the old kids: danielle, julie, what about tims other dd?
It has never been the same since jesse metcalfe left. They shiuld bring him in as a new f!mily.

PfftTheMagicDragonhideGloves Sun 17-Jul-11 11:12:17

Well, they weren't that quick to get rid of Brothers and Sisters. How it lasted so long is beyond me. 3 episodes was about the limit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now