Talk

Advanced search

WTF is with the crying contestants on Deal or No Deal?

(14 Posts)
peggotty Thu 07-Jul-11 16:54:03

Is it written into their contract that they MUST cry whilst a faux-concerned and over made-up Noel Edmonds looks on? I don't watch it (I'm only waiting for four in a bed to come on blush) so maybe it is a highly emotional rollercoaster but I only ever see the last few minutes and THEY ALL CRY. You wouldn't get it on Fifteen To One now would you ?!

BitOfFun Thu 07-Jul-11 16:55:51

They're all whipped up into a cultish frenzy by Weirdy McBeard, and quite possibly drunk.

BeauBelles Thu 07-Jul-11 17:04:01

god this programme is soooo long drawn out and painful.

Hey Thickos, there is no gameplan, no theory to win. you just open any fucking box in any fucking order and if you a lucky, you are lucky, if not, it is not the end of the world. All the wailing and weeping is pathetic. They didn't ever have the money before the show, so why the sobbing from everyone!!

I watch it just for laughs. And if I hear the word 'positivity' anymore I may just have to throw a brick at the tv.

I like to watch the last 5 mins, as for all the crap about what the sodding banker says about the palyers gameplan etc it is just time filling!

The programme could be done in 10 mins.

BeauBelles Thu 07-Jul-11 17:05:33

now four in the bed, I love, and also four rooms.

peggotty Thu 07-Jul-11 17:16:00

Noel Edmonds is an utter megalomaniac isnt he? Yes I do like four in a room. But nothing compares to the sheer majesty of Come Dine With Me.

hocuspontas Thu 07-Jul-11 17:36:58

Do you mean the four rooms with dealers in them? I LOVE that programme. The sellers are SO greedy, it's brilliant! Did you see those two brothers selling the frog tableau and the elephant? They just couldn't stop themselves asking for more more more... Then walked away with nothing.

BitOfFun Thu 07-Jul-11 17:51:46

Yes, that's a cracking show. The guy with the Marilyn sketch was fucking deluded. You would get a quarter of a million for a Picasso sketch, never mind a scribble by Monroe.

BitOfFun Thu 07-Jul-11 17:52:09

Wouldn't, sorry.

Itsjustafleshwound Thu 07-Jul-11 17:56:28

I love 4 rooms - it is quite amazing just how greedy the sellers become and how delusional they are about the worth of their tat....

On the other hand, Deal or No Deal just is the worst kind of TV ever - in the olden days we had a pick a box show on TV - same premise but at least NE was nowhere near ...

BeauBelles Thu 07-Jul-11 18:02:24

yes four rooms, love it. and i did see the brothers and they didn' deserve to get anything. Greed took completely over them.

what about the twins last week with the signed photo of themselves. expecting 10 grand each for an autograph and it has completely slipped my mind the bloody artist man. blush

hocuspontas Thu 07-Jul-11 18:04:26

Damien Hurst wasn't it? They were ridiculous in their expectations. Great telly though!

BeauBelles Thu 07-Jul-11 19:28:42

yes hurst, the one with the diamond skull thingy?

AmyStake Thu 07-Jul-11 19:37:00

Four in a bed is back on? Bugger! When did the new series stary?

AmyStake Thu 07-Jul-11 19:37:07

err start!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now