Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby Hosptial

(23 Posts)
PureBloodMuggle Tue 28-Jun-11 21:33:46

Oh boy

don't know why I watch this things. So sad.

Make me feel very grateful though

mousymouse Tue 28-Jun-11 21:35:33

must be so tough working there. all these emotions.

KurriKurri Tue 28-Jun-11 21:47:36

This is so sad, the babies this week are all so early sad those poor parents.

PureBloodMuggle Tue 28-Jun-11 21:51:53

God I just feel so sick for the parents and what they are going through

Having to make a choice like that - heartbreaking

chocolateyclur Tue 28-Jun-11 21:52:22

I had to turn it off sad

KurriKurri Tue 28-Jun-11 21:59:48

Kate and her husband are such a strong couple - they are amazing.

The phone rang and I missed what happened to little Mohammed, can anyone tell me?

oldraver Tue 28-Jun-11 22:01:14

Mohammed went home

ggirl Tue 28-Jun-11 22:01:37

sobbed my way through that

KurriKurri Tue 28-Jun-11 22:02:12

Oh thank goodness he was alright, his poor mother was so distraught, - well all the parents are. So sad.

Lollyheart Tue 28-Jun-11 22:02:21

It's so sad sad those poor babies and their parents sad

PureBloodMuggle Tue 28-Jun-11 22:04:46

aren't they KurriKurri. Honestly I don't know how you'd manage to get through it

I suppose you just have to

MilkNoSugarPlease Tue 28-Jun-11 22:14:39

Oh chocolatey am so sorry xxx

lottiejenkins Tue 28-Jun-11 22:25:00

I posted on another thread about Baby Hospital. This was the first episode that i managed to watch albeit in floods of tears. My late dh and i withdrew treatment for our eldest son Jack. He was born prematurely at 26 weeks and weighed 1lb 10oz. He had a brain haemorrage at birth.Seeing Heidi and Louie go the same may made me sob uncontrollably. Jack would been having his school prom tomorrow night.............sad
Just under two years after Jack died i returned to the same ward to have my second son Wilf who is now nearly fifteen. The same staff were there and were so caring. I had the same gynaecologist and he wouldnt let us leave the hospital until he had been to see Wilf.......smile

5inthebed Tue 28-Jun-11 22:36:04

Oh Lottie sad <hugs>

Tonights was very heartbreaking. How hard for all the parents.

whysolate Tue 28-Jun-11 22:41:24

So sorry Lottie. I don't know how you have coped.

I watched knowning I would be in tears. I could relate to the parents so much. I had two premmie babies within 9 months of each other. It was a very turbulent time and I still cry when I talk about it. Thankfully they are both well, 4 years on.

I feel so lucky that neither of them have any major health issues.

My heart goes out to anyone who goes through this.

KurriKurri Tue 28-Jun-11 22:43:57

I'm so sorry Lottie, and Chocolatey. I can't imagine the heartbreak you have been through sad xx

PureBloodMuggle Tue 28-Jun-11 22:53:39

Oh Lotti and Chocolatey, I honestly don't know how you managed to watch, when it much remind you of such sadness.

I only have friends who have been through this and it's heartbreaking for me to watch

So sorry for you losses

happywheezer Tue 28-Jun-11 22:55:33

Aren't the dr's and nurses who work on these wards the best people in the world?

LordOfTheFlies Tue 28-Jun-11 23:05:30

I did feel for baby Mohammeds parents as they had all the extra stress of funding their babys care (something like £175,000)
I know alot of people say "Oh these immigrants who use the NHS to have their babies when they are not entitled, and they get free treatment" but there is a price to pay and this shows that people do have to pay it.

But having said that,why the hell would you make a journey without insurance especially when pregnant?

Demiwave Wed 29-Jun-11 00:54:03

I knew Dean, the father of the triplets a long time ago. He was always a lovely, genuine man. I knew about the triplets at the time it was all happening and, although I'm not in contact with him anymore, I have cried and prayed for them. Little Hayden will not be without health problems, but I just wish them all the good health and happiness in the world.

Scheherezadea Fri 01-Jul-11 12:49:21

lordoftheflies - My family live in Kuwait, and are very wealthy, have excellent healthcare - from what I have seen it is reflective of the whole country. I remember playing with the servants and Gardener when I was a kid. It's not an 'immigrant' country - the family on here were only visiting relatives, and speak excellent English - just because they have dark hair and tanned skin doesn't mean they are a poor family trying to sponge off the NHS.

My uncle can't get to the UK to visit us because immigration keep suspecting he will try to run off and become an illegal in the UK. Ridiculous, as he has an MSc and earns about £80-100K a year in Kuwait as a senior architect in his own firm. Why would he give that up to work in a takeaway?!

/rant.

LordOfTheFlies Fri 01-Jul-11 14:25:02

Scheherezadea
Where did I say they were sponging??
Where did I say Kuwait is an immigrant country. I put my quote "Oh these...." in apostrophies as it is quoting what other people say. I work for NHS so alot of my patients say alot of things. They are entitled to their opinion wether you or I agree to it or not.
They admitted they had no insurance. I presume to travel any sensible person would take out insurance (I had to take out 2 million dollars worth when I went to USA)
I don't just assume if someone is dark hair/skin they are a "poor family trying to sponge off the NHS". I work in an area which has some of the richest and poorest and multi-ethnic areas in Outer London.

Read my thread properly before you decide to slate me.

Renaissance227 Tue 05-Jul-11 14:09:56

Sorry Scheherezadea but I have to say "well said LordOfTheFlies"!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now