Talk

Advanced search

Camelot on C4 - anyone watching this?

(16 Posts)
LetUsPrey Tue 28-Jun-11 11:17:28

Anyone else watching Camelot on Channel 4? I think it possibly falls into the "so bad it's good" category.

Arthur is a complete drip. As is Guinevere. How she can prefer him over Leontes is impossible to fathom.

Joe Fiennes' Merlin is brilliant - beautifully over-acted.

Eva Green is gorgeous. I don't like her very much. <shallow.

Funtimewincies Tue 28-Jun-11 11:27:01

Yes, I am blush but in an ironic way grin.

As you say, so bad you just can't help yourself. Dh and I usually watch something recorded on a Saturday night as there's never anything on, see it's a nice change.

I must be getting old though, as I look at Arthur and think 'does your mummy know you're out'?

myproblemblob Tue 28-Jun-11 12:12:09

Arthur is a total drip u are right he is no bradley James as Arthur ....
I can 't put my finger on where I've seen Guinevere before but she isn't very good.

I watch it when DH is marking and I need to keep boredom at bay

Funtimewincies Tue 28-Jun-11 12:36:12

Good idea my problem. I find that it encourages dh to do some ironing - how many episodes is it?

LetUsPrey Tue 28-Jun-11 13:42:51

I think there are 10 episodes, although not sure whether the first double episode counts as one or two.

Happens every episode:

Merlin hams it up brilliantly.

Morgan is wearing something flimsy and see through - means she's about to do some magic.

Gawain's wig becomes ever more ridiculous.

Arthur looks longingly at Guinevere. She returns the look with added simpering. They both dissolve in a large puddle because they're both so bloody wet.

Things that should happen every episode: Leontes spends a lot of the time out his clothes. Please.

goinnowhere Tue 28-Jun-11 23:09:38

Quite enjoying it really grin. Bit saucy though! Loving Merlin. Makes a nice change from a cape-swirling-beardy Merlin

FairyArmadillo Tue 28-Jun-11 23:12:37

I decided with the first episode that it was terrible. I was never going to watch it again. Yet there I was on Saturday watching it again...

LetUsPrey Tue 28-Jun-11 23:16:00

At least you watch it on the Saturday. I've got it on series link and then DH and I watch it on a Sunday evening. Can't even claim "well it just happened to be on ...."

goinnowhere Tue 28-Jun-11 23:17:03

I liked the Arthurian stylee stag do. Strip off your shirt and frolic in the sea together. Not a lap dancer or lamp post in sight

TheFowlAndThePussycat Tue 28-Jun-11 23:22:21

It is dreadful! I can't for the life of me imagine how it attracted such a great cast. And who knew there was such a lot of snagging at Camelot? We have it on series link too grin.

TheFowlAndThePussycat Tue 28-Jun-11 23:24:02

I meant shagging of course, bloody autocorrect.

Butterbur Thu 30-Jun-11 14:24:48

Merlin in a white undershirt, chained up on Morgan's red bed/divan/couch thing was delightful. I could certainly have done bad things to him.

Funtimewincies Thu 30-Jun-11 18:58:17

Can't say I noticed myself Butterbur wink.

LetUsPrey Thu 30-Jun-11 19:14:26

I loved the way Leontes or whatever he's called - Dripivere's husband - very carefully got out of bed the morning after their wedding night. There was still a very welcome glimpse of a beautifully sculpted bottom. I know this because I rewound it to check! grin

anonacfr Mon 04-Jul-11 13:15:57

Me!!! I have a complete girl crush on Eva Green. She's so beautiful and she has the BEST wardrobe.
Dripivere is as expected. Drippy. But then I've never read/seen anything on Camelot where she's remotely likeable.

Has anyone read the Bernard Cornwell novels on Arthur? They're written from the perspective of a soldier reminiscing on his time at Camelot and offer a really interesting and different view of the Arthurian myth. Guinevere is a depicted as a clever, manipulative, and bitchy queen- still unlikeable but at least non-drippy.

MetalSian Mon 04-Jul-11 13:28:24

I even had a dream that Morgan was trying to steal my DP.... xD.
I watch it on 4OD but find it good in a hilarious and bad way.

Sex.... fight.... more sex..... some people in not much clothing.... another fight....
=D

I think Merlin is pretty hot.... ;P, plus I agree about how beautiful Morgan is (jealous.. possibly).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now