Talk

Advanced search

Soap Storyliners - please stop dragging out pointless stories..

(12 Posts)
redharrington Thu 23-Jun-11 09:30:09

to interminable endings that have all the thrill of a wet fart. Corrie in particular is terrible at the moment and I've given up on EE.

meditrina Thu 23-Jun-11 23:00:06

I gave up on EE a while ago. Corrie no longer has anything worth watching. I watch less over the summer, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be watching at all. Which I never thought I'd find myself thinking, as I've been watching Corrie since the 1970s.

redharrington Fri 24-Jun-11 07:48:59

Me too. I can remember Albert Tatlock and Dierdre's wedding to Ray but since the tram crash in particular its got really bad. That Dev/Sinita thing with the aunties was just pointless.

lovecorrie Fri 24-Jun-11 13:27:23

I am just outraged by Cindy Beale trying to do a northern accent. angry. It's SHIT.

GandTiceandaslice Fri 24-Jun-11 14:11:29

Her voice keeps changing! She's never going to keep that accent attempt up is she!

redharrington Fri 24-Jun-11 14:22:45

It wanders all over the place, where is she supposed to be from? Becky is still there, I thought that was ending!

meditrina Fri 24-Jun-11 14:37:35

There are spoilers about Becky's exit on Digital Spy.

I won't describe them here, as there's no spoiler warning in the thread title. Suffice it to say they sound dire - exactly the sort of thing that is ruining Corrie at the moment - and I can't waif for it all to be over. Sadly, if the spoilers are accurate, it might yet take a while. So that's leaving it unwatchable for far too long.

Pagwatch Fri 24-Jun-11 14:41:05

But that is the raison d'être of the soap isn't it.

I stopped watching soaps in about 1988 because the story lines are pointless shit. When are they anything but?

meditrina Fri 24-Jun-11 14:41:06

Link to spoiler. She might still be around until after Christmas.

redharrington Fri 24-Jun-11 19:16:13

If that is correct then its worse than feared, gawd!

cardoon Fri 24-Jun-11 22:13:17

Are there new writers on corrie or something? It's so awful now I don't think I can watch it any more. sad

meditrina Fri 24-Jun-11 22:18:48

I switched back to the tennis.

I keep hoping it'll recover, but, with The Rovers now unwatchable, The Kabin isn't enough to hold it all together.

I think there has been a new team - producer and writers - iI don't know who their target audience is. It's certainly no longer what it was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now