Talk

Advanced search

LUTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....tonight, 9pm

(62 Posts)
Wolfgirl Tue 21-Jun-11 20:24:15

NM.... just a reminder grin

MavisEnderby Tue 21-Jun-11 20:27:34

Oh I didn't know this on!!Saw an interview with the rather lovely Idris Elba and he was talking about this role.

Is is as good as "The Wire" ????I adored this series....

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 20:31:19

mavis I didn't watch the wire but I lurve luther.

I'm hoping to get a bit of peace to watch tonight but dd2 is being a pita bit fussy so may have to catch up later.

End of last week was a bit scary wasn't it?

CDMforever Tue 21-Jun-11 20:41:16

I too lurve Luther.
Yes the ending was VERY scary last week. Got a feeling the copper in the car is a gonner.....shame, that actor reminds of a big cuddly teddybear.
Idris Elba is superb as is Ruth Wilson as his mentalist "friend".
I remember her playing Jane Eyre in BBC adaptation and being just as excellent in totally different role. I'd love to see her on stage.
Can't wait for tonight's episode but think there are only 4 - yes 4 - in this series???? Should this be allowed?!
Also, somebody please tell me, what has the female black cop been in before, its doing my head in........

AmberLeaf Tue 21-Jun-11 20:56:21

Yaay!

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 21:03:03

4 episodes?? No way!

<Stamps feet>

Dd2 has finally crashed so hopefully I'll get to watch it all.

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 21:03:40

Oh, and I have a feeling justin is still alive

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 21:03:40

Oh, and I have a feeling justin is still alive

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 21:10:06

And did mark say last week that he is in a witness protection programme? Why?

porcamiseria Tue 21-Jun-11 21:29:44

too fucking scary when they guy had the welding machine on had to change channel,

Purpleprickles Tue 21-Jun-11 21:31:36

Home alone as Dh is out with friends and after last week am way too scared to watch alone but am equally desperate to watch. I'm recording it and distracting myself with work. I luuuuuurrrrrrrrrrvvvvve Luther too smile

Purpleprickles Tue 21-Jun-11 21:33:11

Having just sneaked a peek at Porcamiseria's post I'm glad I'm not watching alone, I would be whimpering in fear and stuck rigid to the sofa.....hurry up dh so we can watch it.

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 21:36:41

Oh I don't think I can watch this sad

MarionCole Tue 21-Jun-11 21:43:30

Going to have to turn it off

porcamiseria Tue 21-Jun-11 21:48:02

still scared! on here cant watch

not sure whats happening tho!!!

Camerondiazepam Tue 21-Jun-11 21:48:14

Must have missed the bit when he got 14 kids in the Transporter, presumably against their will, without anyone noticing?!

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 21:56:58

I wonder what she just whispered to him?

Wolfgirl Tue 21-Jun-11 22:18:24

grief, it was blimmin scary tonight, eh! I had to turn the sound off when mad killer cameron went for him with that scorched welded iron thingy.... couldnt look.

Shame he sent mad Alice away... was hoping there would be some perverse get together there. I think she will watch over him though. She loves him.

And what was with the nail through his hand...oh my giddy aunt! And there is more of that to come. <<shivers in fear at thought, but overly excited at same time>>

Wolfgirl Tue 21-Jun-11 22:19:35

oooh, just thought. Sorry if I gave any spoilers away there. blush

AmberLeaf Tue 21-Jun-11 22:38:52

I really want him and Alice to get together!

I think he is resisting her though as he knows she will bring out his bad side.

Camerondiazepam. yes i wondered that too!

donnie Tue 21-Jun-11 22:42:59

he is just so unbelievably fabulous to look at....

diddl Wed 22-Jun-11 09:45:54

Haven´t watched yet, & don´t think I will now!

Did they get Cameron yet?

What has Jenny´s(?) mum got to do with anything?

mumatron Wed 22-Jun-11 10:15:57

diddl it's not as bad as we made it sound tbh. it's definately worth a watch

diddl Wed 22-Jun-11 13:26:11

I´ll risk it thengrin

gingercat12 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:43:31

diddl I love Luther and would watch Idris Elba in anything. I would not worry about the disturning scenes, as it has a certain cartoon-villain feel to it. I have never heard this much cod pscychology in my life. I expect Luther to burst into laugh any minute when he says things like "The opposite of explosion is an implosion..."

What did you think about him being curled up on his sofa in his overcoat and ties? Bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now