Talk

Advanced search

"Four of a Kind" on ITV

(6 Posts)
greencolorpack Tue 21-Jun-11 10:24:46

Did anyone see the documentary about four identical quadruplets?

The mum dressed them all exactly the same, fed them the same, had all the same clothes for them, shoes, and told them apart by writing their initials on their feet as babies.

Does anyone ever secretly wonder if they've got the wrong kid? Like say they labeled them wrong as infants, and the one born second has now got the name of the one born third? Does that ever happen?

She got all tearful if they looked different from each other. I thought that was quite strange. They were once the same egg, but that was five years ago. Surely it's kinder to dress them differently. Even with school uniform, you could always make one have socks, one tights, one a long sleeved, one a short sleeved blouse, to stop the mum from having to write their initials on their lapels.

Wonder if they could become actors, there must be some applications for having four people with the same face. I suppose CGI has taken away some of that work, like the guy playing the twins in "The Social Network".

FairyArmadillo Tue 21-Jun-11 10:32:34

I watched this and was wondering if they got mixed up too! But am assuming they would have been very careful not. Lovely woman. She came across as someone who likes to be very organised with the list for her husband and liked everything tidy, and dressing them all the same came across to me to be part of that. They did look very cute dressed the same. Was lovely at the end when she took the American family's advice and let them choose different dresses for their birthday.

greencolorpack Tue 21-Jun-11 10:35:25

Yes, she seemed very organised, and not as if she had aged ten years. Imagine the sleeping, and feeding, with four babies at once? Wouldn't that drive you absolutely bonkers considering how hard it is even with one at a time?

Fimbo Tue 21-Jun-11 11:39:50

It seemed kind of strange that they hadn't mixed with other children until school. I suppose trying to get four out to toddler groups/playgroups etc would be a marathon and then there would be the pram! Hats off to the mum for taking 4 shopping.

davenachfan Sat 24-Sep-11 00:17:33

I am just watching this programme and am so surprised that these parent dressed them identically. How can these girls develop their own personalities? Also why were Sainsbury's happy to allow two of the girls to stand in one of their trolleys?

vmcd28 Sun 25-Sep-11 15:50:47

I remember watching a programme years ago, about a woman with triplets. They wrote the baby's initial on the sole of its foot with marker pen, and also on the bottles, so they knew for sure each one had been fed smile

I didnt have kids at this time, so thought she was a bit nuts. Now I see the logic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now