Talk

Advanced search

Cars 2

(20 Posts)
happywheezer Mon 20-Jun-11 12:00:22

Is anybody's children already excited about Cars 2? My little one is almost 3 and will be his first trip to the cinema but all the stuff is out already!
Also the trailer is on you tube so we must have watched it about 500,000 times already.
Just wondered if any LO's are being whipped up into a frenzy?

ceebeegeebies Mon 20-Jun-11 12:03:02

Never mind DS1 (who is nearly 5), me and DH are very excited about it blush

Ds2 is 2.7 so will not sit still long enough so unfortunately he will miss out on the trip to the cinema as both me and DH are arguing about who is taking DS1 so have agreed that we will both have to go.

headfairy Mon 20-Jun-11 12:04:48

ds keeps asking me how many days til it's in the cinema... <sigh> Still nearly 30 days ds ...

NightLark Mon 20-Jun-11 12:06:11

oh yes. DS (5) has loved, loved, loved Cars for years. This is a very exciting time for him...

hiccymapops Mon 20-Jun-11 13:45:54

It comes out 3 days before ds1's 5th birthday, and it's ALL I hear about grin he's constantly asking how many sleeps, not till his birthday, till the cinema! I think I'm going to have to pre-book tickets. Poor ds2 gets giddy when ds1 talks about it, but he's only 2 so I don't think he'd sit through a cinema trip. We have already started collecting the cars, I presume all the cars 1 toys will be pushed aside now, or donated to his little brother grin

ceebeegeebies Mon 20-Jun-11 14:00:52

Hiccy it comes out about a week after my DS1's 5th birthday and he is the same except we just keep saying it is after your birthday which keeps him quiet for a while wink

CoffeeDodger Mon 20-Jun-11 14:33:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CoffeeDodger Mon 20-Jun-11 14:35:03

PersonalClown Mon 20-Jun-11 14:36:24

Toad is going loopy waiting for it to come out.

I'm more excited that the Northwestern from Deadliest Catch is featured.
blush

hiccymapops Mon 20-Jun-11 16:24:56

So glad it's not just me grin have to say I was really childish and shouted "dibs" when we started talking about who was taking him to see it, dh was not impressed (should have shouted it quicker then grin)
Is the t-shirt blue with cars all around the bottom? It's his favourite item of clothing at the minute

happywheezer Mon 20-Jun-11 18:15:39

I've just been to Toysrus and my son proudly proclaimed that "it was the biggest lighting he's ever seen" and he's right it was! They have a huge cut out of Lighting.
My son is going for his 3rd birthday, his birthday is a few week before.
Have you seen the clip of the film on Argos' website, it's really good, it's on the cars toys page, naturally.
I wondering if I need to take a cushion for my LO and whether I need to buy a season ticket to the local cinema? grin

ceebeegeebies Mon 20-Jun-11 20:59:14

Hiccy the t-shirt you are talking about - is it from Asda? My DS1 has one that is blue and has all the cars around the bottom....only I am really annoyed as it has a spelling mistake on it fgs! Not worth taking the shirt back as it is not as if DS1 will know but you would think they would spell 'Lightning' correctly wouldn't you??

hiccymapops Mon 20-Jun-11 21:13:14

That's the one, I'm really annoyed with myself now, I hadn't noticed the spelling mistake! Ds1 was just relieved it just about fits him when he saw it (trying to explain to a 4 year old that he's in 7-8 tops and these only go up to 5-6, "but I'm only 4 mummy") I now want to go and examine t-shirts, but don't think either of the boys would appreciate me going into their rooms and rooting through their drawers at this time of night. Will investigate tomorrow grin

ceebeegeebies Mon 20-Jun-11 21:23:17

It might just be the one I have got...or they may have noticed it and further batches were spelt correctly??

Wow, your DS1 must be a big'un shock

hiccymapops Mon 20-Jun-11 21:29:36

He's tall, costs a fortune with his little growth spurts, but at least he's finally in proportion with his feet which have always been huge grin

CoffeeDodger Mon 20-Jun-11 21:42:39

happywheezer Mon 25-Jul-11 22:45:37

well we've seen it and my son loves it. Although he doesn't want to go back to the cinema. lots of Mater!

treesinthebreeze Tue 26-Jul-11 17:00:34

We went yesterday and thought it was ok. We took four 4 year olds and can't say they were 'entranced', like when we took them to see Toy Story 3 last summer. I didn't care much for the storyline blush and thought it was more suited to slightly older children - probably the children who first saw the original Cars.

MunchkinsMumof2 Wed 27-Jul-11 12:05:33

We saw it yesterday and thought it was ok but not terribly good for adults or children. The plot was too complicated for our 5 yo and it lacked all the charm and humour of Cars. Shame really as we were looking forward to it.

StableButDeluded Fri 29-Jul-11 19:30:09

I agree with trees and munchkins
I took my nearly-six-year-old last friday, and I thought the whole 'secret agent' story was too complicated for a film aimed at young children. DS couldn't follow it & didn't know who they all were (I confess I wasn't quite sure at times!). Definitely not as good as the original Cars, although DS did enjoy the racing etc..

In contrast we all thought Toy Story Three was the best of the lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now