Talk

Advanced search

Dreadful BBC commissioning decision - less Doctor Who in 2012

(11 Posts)
meditrina Thu 16-Jun-11 17:15:28

Article here.

More episodes of Sherlock mean fewer of Doctor Who in 2012.

I think this is a terrible decision as Doctor Who is prized family viewing. Anyone agree?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 16-Jun-11 17:25:40

Steven Moffat has been tweeting about this. It looks as if Cohen made a flippant remark that's been taken too seriously. Hang on while I copy and
paste what Moffat had to say ...

Right:

'Dr Who: misquotes and misunderstandings. But I'm not being bounced into announcing the cool stuff before we're ready. Hush, and patience.'

'The scheduling of Dr Who has got NOTHING to with Sherlock. On the plus side THE BBC SPELLED MY NAME RIGHT!!!!'

I know, I need to get a life. smile

meditrina Thu 16-Jun-11 18:58:18

Interesting!

I read about this on the BBC website - see linked article in OP.

I really would have thought the BBC would know what was going on with its own programmes. Cohen was speaking at a conference, not off the cuff.

TheFeministsWife Thu 16-Jun-11 18:59:51

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I bloody well hope it's not true. It's hard enough having to wait till the flipping autumn for the next half of this series!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 17-Jun-11 12:14:56

Yes, not very impressive, is it? But I tend to believe Moffat.

c0rn55ilk Fri 17-Jun-11 12:16:21

Nooooooooo!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 17-Jun-11 12:18:34

Let's stay calm and cool until something is confirmed! I'd much rather have Sherlock than Doctor Who anyway

meditrina Fri 17-Jun-11 12:39:48

I do expect the BBC website to be authoritative on BBC decisions!

weblette Fri 17-Jun-11 12:44:40

According to this week's Private Eye it's a lot to do with budgets and over-running on filming and editing...

weblette Fri 17-Jun-11 12:47:21

here you go!

meditrina Fri 17-Jun-11 12:53:51

Thanks for posting the link.

It does seen there will be fewer espisodes in 2012 sad, and as well as the disappointment to fans (who are legion, and dedicated) it seems a very bad commercial decision.

Not looking forward to when the DCs notice.......

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: