Talk

Advanced search

Holby City

(16 Posts)
hiddenhome Thu 16-Jun-11 12:50:54

Is HC getting a bit shite?

It seems to be losing its way these days and it even more unrealistic than ever hmm

It's also trying to be more 'edgy' with some swearing and sexual references hmm

The dcs (12 and 6) used to watch it during school holidays, but I'm going off it now because of this.

missnevermind Thu 16-Jun-11 13:19:34

Its the only soap I watch. And it is a soap, not a drama like in the begining.

ThisIsJustASagaNow Thu 16-Jun-11 13:27:16

It's the only thing we regularly follow, but they've chopped and changed the characters so much over the last few months I can't keep up.

And the storylines are crazy. Last week's, where they offered a senior job to a woman who happened to be visiting the ward with a patient - to start there and then...purleease! hmm

I bet people who work in rl hospitals laugh their socks off at itgrin

MediumPretty Thu 16-Jun-11 13:55:54

It's really gone downhill with the loss of Penny, Joseph, Linden (sob) and Penny. The new characters are not compensating especially Dull Dan and the Mallick hmm.

Is the new senior staff nurse (mentioned by ThisIsJust) wearing a wig or has she just had a dodgy cut and dye job?

hiddenhome Thu 16-Jun-11 14:49:46

That new senior staff nurse looks like a total psycho shock I think she's been around a bit and I wouldn't put anything past her sad

I just want to kill Dan and Elizabeth (always looks upset) and Penny's brother (he's so awful I can't remember his name sad)

The new characters are so awful sad

I only like Jac and Sacha.

I wish the programme makers would sort themselves out.

and, since when did a Plastics Unit share space with CT? That would never happen angry

Why can't the Plastics surgeons just use Holby Care instead?

Jac performing open chest surgery on the ward the other week was just totally ridiculous.

EustaciaVye Thu 16-Jun-11 17:19:46

I've switched back to casualty.

mumwithdice Thu 16-Jun-11 18:02:09

I'm enjoying its OTTness atm. Are there any Terry Pratchett fans who would agree with me that the actor who plays Hansen would be a great Vetinari?

LordOfTheFlies Fri 17-Jun-11 14:33:25

Yes I've lost the plot with Holby. I did watch the last one with the nurse on ward offered job. Few episodes ago they were looking at redundancies.

I know its not real life or meant to be ( there was the storyline with the co-joined twins whose parents landed in Holby illegally and they seemed to have an interpreter 24/7- Doesn't Happen)
And when the physio (Bruno Milligan from Footballer Wives) just happened to be walking through ward; "Can you see this patient"? "Oh yes". No waiting lists then?
And don't those Doctors?Surgeons ever go home?
I've never really bothered with Casualty, now I don't think I'll bother with HC hmm

purpleflower123 Fri 17-Jun-11 19:54:43

It's rubbish now, used to watch it every week. I don't miss it at all smile

QOD Sun 19-Jun-11 10:17:21

I've watched it for years, now I cba to watch it - I sky plus it then either start or just delete it.

Shame, was so good. That Malek is such an annoying twat

jeee Sun 19-Jun-11 10:20:03

Thinking back lustfully longingly to the days of Anton Meyer

ThisIsJustASagaNow Sun 19-Jun-11 11:58:31

Two major issues atm are Malick's jaunty cap -what's that all about??confused and that new nurses rather odd hair. Even dh commented on the hair and he's usually oblivious to hair, even mine hmm

alannabanana Sun 19-Jun-11 22:16:14

ha! yes 'the malick' has weird taste in hats man. but i loved his casual delivering a baby in reception a few weeks ago. and the dan kiss was hilarious! must say though, the best thing about HC at the moment has to be spooky hanssen, gliding eerily thru the halls like the grim reaper - some of the things he comes out with are priceless!
but yeah, i too miss penny. sad

ThisIsJustASagaNow Wed 22-Jun-11 09:14:09

Um..what was that all about last night??confused

Ric now paying ad hoc personal home calls. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK!

And filling in the back story with Ollie in the oddest possible way via 9wks ago, 3wks ago, 10 minutes ago flashbacksconfused And how unconvincing was his father??

It's like they suddenly thought..ooh blimey we've got a bit of spare cash lets go and film outside instead of always in front of the 'window of regret' or one of two corridors.

And Hansen himself overlooking Ollie's <cough> midemeanor? No way.

NoelEdmondshair Wed 22-Jun-11 11:23:13

I agree that Hansen wouldn't have overlooked Oliver's cheating - though I'm still puzzled as to how he managed to swap exam papers confused.

I do hope we've seen the end of Nurse Tate as I can't be doing with people playing the martyr.

MrsFruitcake Thu 23-Jun-11 17:07:02

I like Hanssen. He has some brilliant one-liners.

I agree, it's not been too good of late - the ep this week was disappointing. TBH, for me, the shine rubbed off a bit when Joseph, Connie, Linden and Donna left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now