Talk

Advanced search

I think Waterloo Road is actually becoming okay again

(7 Posts)
BertieBotts Thu 16-Jun-11 00:07:59

It was pretty shit, wasn't it, from Karen's first episode, until about 2-3 episodes back from this one? We had pretty much a season and a half of utter rubbish.

But now I'm getting into it again. Storylines which carry on from episode to episode! Characters who are actually interesting to watch and don't mysteriously disappear! I like it grin

TragicallyHip Thu 16-Jun-11 00:16:48

Used to love it but haven't watched it for a few years. might have a gander if it's getting good again!

BertieBotts Thu 16-Jun-11 00:31:29

Just looked up the episode list and I think it went bad from series 5, episode 11 - the storylines were just badly written and there was no continuity. It's picked up again from episode 6 this series. So you could easily catch up on iplayer.

Punkatheart Thu 16-Jun-11 09:40:45

I think it is terrible, sorry. I watch it basically to see what my DD is watching and I am shocked by how banal it is. The Headmistress is dreadful and her mood changes in a heartbeat. Writing is shallow and one of the main characters (Caretaker's son) looks about 30!

Punkatheart Thu 16-Jun-11 09:44:42

Well he is 25 - so I not far from the mark!

BeattieBow Thu 16-Jun-11 09:45:13

it's a bit rubbish I think - can't believe 2 people pg by the same boy!

But dd likes it and I like watching Robson Green, so we sit and watch it together.

BertieBotts Thu 16-Jun-11 10:43:42

Is he really 25? shock I thought he was younger. He does look older than Cris though...

The storylines have always been cheesy. So 2 girls pregnant by the same boy isn't too bad, I think. Should be interesting anyway! I didn't like how different Karen's reaction was with the two girls. And she should have apologised to her DD rather than a lame "I didn't handle that very well. Oh well, I'll be there for you!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now