Talk

Advanced search

Angry boys - tee hee

(11 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Mon 13-Jun-11 22:15:00

just watching this on iplayer. V v wrong and v v funny

Anyone else sniggering at this?

piprabbit Mon 13-Jun-11 22:17:03

Can't wait to watch this (got it recorded for later), but then again I thought that Summer Heights High was brilliant so I'm biased.

PonceyMcPonce Mon 13-Jun-11 22:18:49

Have not seen that, so this is a great find

StickyProblem Mon 13-Jun-11 22:42:59

I'm not sure it will have the depth of Summer Heights High...I cried buckets at the end. But I am tempted to do a Nathan quite often at work!

Lulabellarama Tue 14-Jun-11 12:17:27

I loved Summer Heights High, but think this is a bit crap actually. Some brilliant lines but overall quite an unpleasant attitude towards those with disabilities and young offenders. Although having said that some of the best bits of SHH were horrifically offensive. Maybe Angry Boys just isn't quite as funny?

sharbie Tue 14-Jun-11 19:24:35

love nathan smile

Petalouda Tue 14-Jun-11 19:37:47

I thought it was brilliant. To use these subjects as the basis for humour takes great understanding. I thought it was actually quite sympathetic to young offenders. No matter why they were in there, it's not a nice place to be - to paraphrase

I love middle class rapper S.Mouse! And Gran's a legend!

PonceyMcPonce Tue 14-Jun-11 21:33:45

Agree re gran, especially her gotchas

katkitya Thu 16-Jun-11 23:11:21

Im loving the Japanese mother. Its a shame its on so late as no-one I know watches it.

sharbie Thu 16-Jun-11 23:18:38

i didn't twig last week looking at the legends wall that the surfer was also a character -
very clever

enidroach Fri 17-Jun-11 12:20:48

Watching it - and still admire Chris Lilley but agree with others- just not as awesome as SHH (Jonah's story made me and my 3 teen DD's cry) and we all found the Annabel/Mr G musical hilarious. Nathan and Daniel were my least favourite characters from We can be heroes - surprised to see them back - I thought angry boys would be about boys a bit more like Jonah. Still its still a must see in our house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now